Transmitter wizard
« on: October 24, 2016, 07:44:22 am »
Hi, I am new to build Quadcopters.

I was doing setup of cc3d FC and successfully completed, but then transmitter wizard not recognizing my transmitter movements.
I am using flysky transmitter and fs-iA6 receiver. need help 

jtrout19

Re: Transmitter wizard
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 08:00:31 am »
What do you have the Flexi-io port set to? Im assuming that RX outputs PWM? make sure you have the FC set to receive PWM. The other question would be are you sure you have the RX and your transmitter Bound properly?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 11:07:35 am »

Vleaugs

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 05:39:06 am »
When you was trying to move the buttons like the wizard says , you had plugged the battery into the drone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marts

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 01:28:50 pm »
The big issue I have is with the transmitter wizard. It does not respond to the throttle setup and I cannot make further progress.
I am using a Turnigy TGY 9x transmitter and a 9X8C v2 receiver which have binded OK. I have read the FAQ but this hasn't provided me with the answer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 01:35:32 pm »
Post pictures to show how you have done the receiver wiring and your config file. (File > Export UAV Settings)

Vleaugs

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 05:08:25 pm »
The big issue I have is with the transmitter wizard. It does not respond to the throttle setup and I cannot make further progress.
I am using a Turnigy TGY 9x transmitter and a 9X8C v2 receiver which have binded OK. I have read the FAQ but this hasn't provided me with the answer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I got the same problem and I resolved it by doing these steps :

First turn on TGY 9x and transmitter ( turning on drone you turn on trasmitter.)

Select a new mode like "TUNIGY" on your radio control TGY 9x.

Then start the wizard and do what the wizard says.

If you got more problems or the same , say here to help you.

marts

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 11:53:49 pm »
Thanks. I am attaching the files that you requested. I also tried Vleugs method of putting a new setting in the TGY 9X but that did not work for me.
I also discovered that if I hibernate my Toshiba laptop I have to  reload librepilot for it to work correctly.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 12:23:34 am »
Is the receiver powered using the Esc ?
Swap the connectors into the receiver and try again with wizard.
Be sure the receiver works correctly when a servo is connected.

You can monitor the input activity, go to the UavoBrowser and search for Data > ReceiverActivity.
Move sticks, you should see changes. No need to start the wizard.

marts

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 01:59:37 am »
Thanks f5soh.

Using an old servo was a good idea. It turns out the TGY 9 was in mode 1 although it says mode 2 and my throttle is on the left side. Maybe a small routine in Librepilot could circumvent this problematic part of setup for beginners before the final Tx setup takes place.
Cheers
Marts

marts

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 03:31:35 am »
I have just tried the wizard from mode 1 to mode 4 but I cannot get past the throttle identification. :-[

I am stuck!

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 08:57:31 pm »
I'm having the same problem trying to set up my Spektrum DX9 using PWM protocol with Mode II configuration with an Orange R1020X V2 receiver.  It worked just fine with 15.09 and the transmitter settings haven't changed. 
The first several steps of the wizard go OK, including recognizing movement of each stick separately, but the Flight Mode switch and the Aux switches are inconsistent.
When I move on to the step after centering everything, moving the sticks on the transmitter doesn't show movement on the computer screen, although the "Activity" bar at the top of the screen shows activity on whatever channel I'm testing at the time. Obviously, this prevents checking for the reversing function or anything further along the wizard. 
The hardware setup on the vehicle hasn't changed from when it was flying reliably using 15.09 to set it up.
I've rechecked the channel and switch assignments on the transmitter, rebound it to the receiver several times, and the receiver LED indicates it's receiving a signal.  When I disconnect from the Revo board and plug a servo into each output channel of the receiver, the servo responds appropriately to the stick/switch on the transmitter.
Is this a known problem with 16.09 RC2?
Is it possible to uninstall 16.09 and reinstall 15.09 until this is worked out?
Thanks

marts

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 03:09:19 am »
It took me some time and googling to find the UavoBrowser as it is not labelled in Librepilot. Once in I cannot see any activity as I change any TX sticks on the TGY 9X. So I am still stuck in the setup, despite being able to move a servo with my 9X8c receiver.

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 02:57:55 am »
I just finished trying to set up a completely different aircraft.  This one's a fixed wing with a 72 MHz transmitter/receiver.  The vehicle setup went just fine, setting the "on" point for the ESC and the center and endpoints for the 3 servos.  The transmitter wizard fails even sooner than my attempts with one of my quadrotors.  After selecting the Acro configuration and Mode 2, there is no detection of stick movement.  I have another servo plugged into channel 6 for flaps, and it works as it should, so the receiver is receiving appropriate transmitter signals. 
That's 2 out of 2 failures for the transmitter setup wizard since I converted to 16.09 RC2. 
If there's no suggested solution of 16.09's transmitter wizard malfunction in the next day or so, I'm going to try uninstalling it and reverting to 15.09.

marts

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 12:43:52 am »
I have been at this for over a week now and I still cannot get the transmitter to talk to the Atom via GCS. Any suggestions?