Tydl

new quad will powered up but cannot fly.
« on: October 24, 2016, 12:23:00 am »
It's a cc3d and dx6i remote. The Escs are 20a opto pro and the motors are rs2205 2300kv.

I flashed the cc3d and went thru the vehicle setup wizard and remote setup wizard.

I tried to setup 2 flight modes on switch.

In the output page I tested the motors individually. But I wasn't certain on the esc update rate.

I can power it up and arm the Escs.  I can power up the throttle and the motors spin.

I put the props on correctly and tested it. It won't take off. It flips immediately.

Please help, any suggestions appreciated.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: new quad will powered up but cannot fly.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 12:58:12 am »
Hi, welcome.

Test the motors and double check if the right one start, every line in Output tab has motor names with NW (NorthWest), NE, etc...

Be sure you set the Virtual attitude if your board is rotated:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/CC+Attitude+Configuration

Tydl

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 01:43:22 am »
I verified that the correct motor is spinning up. I redid the minimum output.

I have the usb sticking out the left side and it is rotated in virtual attitude 90 in yaw.

I allowed it to find level when powered up. Then arm the Escs.

When I throttle up with no props attached, the motors spin. If I lean quad in any direction, it seems like the gyro tries to level. But I'm not sure of that. It doesn't seem to want to level with the props on, it wants to flip.

jtrout19

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 02:10:06 am »
Are you sure you have the correct props on the correct motors. You should have two CW props and two CCW props?

hwh

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 03:39:18 am »
...I have the usb sticking out the left side and it is rotated in virtual attitude 90 in yaw. ...

USB on the left side (as seen from behind the quad) means the forward arrow on the board is facing right.  That should be -90 yaw, not 90 yaw.

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 03:49:48 am »
--removing my post since hwh's response looks to be correct and mine wrong--
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 03:53:31 am by crof2003 »

Tydl

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 03:38:04 pm »
I verified that the motors are in the correct location. They are spinning in the correct direction.

I will change the attitude yae from 90 to -90. It made sense to me because I was rotating the cc3d 90 deg clockwise. What you are suggesting is that I'm actually rotating the arrow 90 deg counter clockwise with -90.

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 02:53:42 am »

Be sure you set the Virtual attitude if your board is rotated:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/CC+Attitude+Configuration

Follow this link, it has a chart that shows the rotated direction and the accompanying setting you need.

I also would assume that 90 deg positive would be a "right" turn, but that link shows it to be the opposite!  That would explain the trouble for sure.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Tydl

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 05:31:52 pm »
So I don't know what I'm fighting,  but it's winning. Lol

I did rotate the yaw -90. I then rebooted the board and verified that it saved. I powered it up without props.  It did feel a little better in my hand. I Depowered it and put the props back on. Outside I powered it up and leveled it on a table. Took it out to the grass and used a cardboard platform to to take off from. I armed the Escs. I throttle up and it flips to the rear and left without really lifting off the ground.

Tydl

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 02:30:18 am »
So my question now is does the cc3d save diagnostic data? I'm hoping that maybe I can Troubleshoot this.

Can I use the scopes page to figure this out? Can I plug in the usb and battery power and use scopes to see what the cc3d is trying to do?

Also, the little bee escs, what should the rate be? Is it possible I'm chasing an esc or motor issue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 06:41:36 pm »
CC3D do not have "diagnostic data"

If the quad flip at takeoff, possible issues are:
- Bad motor wiring according to the motor positions
- Board orientation, can be checked using the PFD: https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/PFD#PFD-MyPFDlooksreversed
- Bad gyro init, board should not move after connecting the battery (especially if AlwaysArmed is used)

Post your config file: File > Export UAV settings

Tydl

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 12:00:32 am »
Thank you guys for all the help and support so far.  I hope someone can identify what might be wrong. 

Right now the cc3d is powered from the receiver at 5v.  Should it be powered at 12v?

I've also ordered a usb programmer for the esc's.  I will reflash them with the latest blheli once I get the programmer next week. 

I will figure out how to test the motors to verify they are good.  They are brand new...

Thanks again

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 12:35:11 am »
The file you posted refers to the GCS config file.
File > Export UAV settings

The CC3D do not need 12V, except if you want blue smoke.

I will add to the previous list : check every the motor rotation and props CW/CCW

Tydl

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 12:40:12 am »
I've had it connected to the gcs. I've had the scopes page up. With the quad level, the gyro axis readouts were pretty tight but moving. I stepped away for a few minutes. When I returned, the quad hadn't moved, but the readouts were all over. I've attached a picture of the screen so you can see the actual readouts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Tydl

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 12:47:32 am »
Here is the uav settings, thanks