SteveB

CC3D Arming 3-Way switch (middle pos), ASWA
« on: October 06, 2016, 11:04:36 pm »
Heya,

I'm having this...thing...where I just can't get the LibrePilot software to do what I want. I hope it's just me being daft; however, I've been daft for a number of hours now and would like to stop.  :)

I have a quad that's currently only got 6 channels available (I cannot, for now, get PPM to work no matter what I try - even though it ought to work on the FC and the Rx end). I'd like to have an arming switch as well as a flight mode switch on my Taranis X9D. I'd really like to have flight modes on a 3-way switch (not a problem) and an arming / ASWA switch (a problem for me). That is to say, -100 no arm, 0 is armed, +100 is armed ASWA.

However, all that ever happens, no matter how much I fiddle with the midpoint of the Channel Value, is that the quad arms on +100. Never on 0.
Is there any way to (1) arm on mid-switch and (2) bind ASWA not just to this switch but to specifically (only) the max. position?

Many, many thanks.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D Arming 3-Way switch (middle pos), ASWA
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 11:25:55 pm »
Take a look here, you will get some inspiration:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Always+Stabilized+When+Armed+mode+setup#AlwaysStabilizedWhenArmedmodesetup-UsingFlightModeswitch

Just remember when ASWA is enabled you cannot arm anymore.
Feel free to duplicate the flightmode channel input (ch5 in this example) for another Accessory dedicated to arming and ASWA purpose.

In the picture above, you should get:
- flight mode to minimum give a disarmed state. (pos1)
- pos4: armed state without ASWA
- pos5 and pos6: flight modes with ASWA

Accesory0 is used for arming and his neutral is pretty low (do not set to min !)
Accesory1 is used as ASWA switch, flightmodes above pos4 have ASWA enabled.

You should switch from pos1 to pos4 for arming and next switch to pos5 or pos6 for ASWA

Pos2 and pos3 are unused flightmodes

Not tested, but should work.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:29:42 pm by f5soh »

SteveB

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 11:33:03 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply!!

I don't think this does exactly what I want it to do, though.... Or I'm overlooking something really glaringly obvious.
I think I wrote a bit of a fuzzy post, I'll try again: I'd like to use 2 switches on my Taranis: SD and SG.
SD for Flight Modes (channel 6 in the attached image) and SG for Disarm, Arm, Arm+ASWA (channel 5 in the image below).
Accessory0 I would use for Arming, Accessory1 for ASWA (currently NOT set up in the Output tab).

This made sense to me; it's what I tried last evening and it doesn't seem to differ from your Arming setup. Just that it doesn't Arm properly. :'(

Arming (SG, channel 5) with this setup (1060 Neutral) still only triggers at SG-Position3 (+100).....instead of SG-Position2 (0). What am I doing wrong, there? Basically the moment I get it to arm on the middle position I imagine I can get ASWA on the same channel, the same switch but a different Accessory to work, too.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 12:14:25 am »
Ok

The arming switch need more than 50% (i mean 50% of neutral value > max value range)
In your case the middle position should give almost the value needed for arming but not sufficient.
You should try to apply some mixing in your radio that give a offset for the Arming switch - middle position and get a value around the red square.
Also set the neutral Accessory0 value like the picture, for safe disarm.

The ASWA switch do not have this 50% limitation.
With the above you should get a safe disarmed state at min value, arm status at middle position (red square) and next the ASWA enabled at max position
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 12:19:12 am by f5soh »

SteveB

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 12:04:10 am »
Yes!!

That worked wonders, thanks!  ;D :) :D
Arms on middle pos, ASWA seems to work on max pos (when slightly lifting the quad on one side the motors respond). Really very nice.
I used a -30 Diff curve on the Tx (honestly, I'm still quite new to the hobby as a whole and the Taranis specifically and even if I think I know what that did, I'm not sure - but it works.  :))

Is there a repository for knowledge such as the arming switch needing more than 50% of a channel's range? I looked over the LP Wiki but couldn't find this specific thing there.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 12:13:46 am »

SteveB

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 12:48:21 am »
I'll assume you meant in the code in general. I'm not much of a coder, myself. :P I did manage to compile the Next version, but I'll stick with the solution I have now instead of making a customized build.. Thanks again.

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 05:12:06 am »
I Want to do this as well! I just can't get it to do exactly what I want. Like OP I want a three  way switch to be
pos 1: Disarmed.
 pos2: armed.
pos 3: armed with ASWA mode.

I followed the directions above and it is now so its disarmed on pos 1 and 2 and armed with ASWA mode in pos 3. How do I get pos 2 to be just arm??

Also say I am using either accessory 0 or 1, either is fine.
What do I set the "Multirotor is always stabilized when armed using:**Select switch***" to?
As well as what do I set "Arm the Airframe using throttle on and off" to? The same switch id think right??

I just cant seem to get the values correct in the RCI menu. I think thats the problem anyway???? Im a newb!

Please help, Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply!!

I don't think this does exactly what I want it to do, though.... Or I'm overlooking something really glaringly obvious.
I think I wrote a bit of a fuzzy post, I'll try again: I'd like to use 2 switches on my Taranis: SD and SG.
SD for Flight Modes (channel 6 in the attached image) and SG for Disarm, Arm, Arm+ASWA (channel 5 in the image below).
Accessory0 I would use for Arming, Accessory1 for ASWA (currently NOT set up in the Output tab).

This made sense to me; it's what I tried last evening and it doesn't seem to differ from your Arming setup. Just that it doesn't Arm properly. :'(

Arming (SG, channel 5) with this setup (1060 Neutral) still only triggers at SG-Position3 (+100).....instead of SG-Position2 (0). What am I doing wrong, there? Basically the moment I get it to arm on the middle position I imagine I can get ASWA on the same channel, the same switch but a different Accessory to work, too.