Throttle axis not registering. Please Help
« on: October 02, 2016, 02:38:45 am »
Hello everybody,
I have been flying for 6 years but am fairly new to fpv. I got my first racing quad (the arris x-speed fpv 250) with a cc3d flight controller that had open pilot flashed onto it. Straight from the factory, I was able to plug in any receiver that I wanted and instantly fly. Right now I am running the spectrum AR610 with a DX6. Right out of the box it was working perfectly and I didn't want to touch it. Recently I decided that I wanted to start tuning my drone so I could do fast rolls and flips. I downloaded LibrePilot, and it wouldn't save my settings, so I updated the firmware. Ever since then, my drone hasn't worked. After poking around the web I finally got it to respond to the transmitter. When I go into the transmitter setup wizard, it detects every axis except for throttle, and it is super delayed. The other axis seem to register normal, but are delayed. After multiple attempts, I just started doing manual calibrations. Again, same problem... Except this time, it detected the throttle, only in the wrong way. When it detects the throttle it responds for a few short moments before deciding that the throttle is apparently all the way up. After that it started doing the same thing in the Tx setup wizard. I tried inverting the axis, but again, it thinks that it is all the way up. When I put the stick all the way up and then lower it a little, it follows like it's supposed to, then goes back to all the way up. On the rare occasion that it actually follows my stick inputs all the way down, it stays only for a couple of seconds before going up. When I get it down, and try to raise the stick, it follows it to about halfway before jumping to all the way up.
I have tried everything including making sure my Rx is wired right. On the Arris Hobby website, they give a detailed explanation of how to setup the drone in the vehicle setup wizard and the Tx setup wizard in Open Pilot (libre pilot now) (Basically the same thing) I have tried experimenting and following Arris's recommended setup and I am still having the same problem. So the effect of all this too is that I can't arm the drone because it thinks that the throttle is all the way up. I also tried it with another Tx and it was a little better... The only thing that I haven't tried yet is putting new batteries in my Tx and fully charging my drone....

I would really appreciate it if someone (or anyone) could help me with this. I haven't been able to fly my drone for about 1.5 weeks now and it is killing me because something that I spent almost $300 on now only has the purpose of being a cool looking lamp until I get this fixed.

Also I know that it isn't a problem with anything physical on my setup. The Tx is brand new, and everything works fine still for everything else I have.
Here is the link to the quads page... the instructions for the Open Pilot setup are at the very bottom of the page
http://www.arrishobby.com/arris-xspeed-fpv250-pure-carbon-fiber-fpv-racing-quadcopter-bnf-assembled-p-3174
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:47:14 am by rspencer »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Throttle axis not registering. Please Help
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 09:55:28 am »
Erratic / Not responding sticks in Gui while doing the Wizard mean there is some issues with connection or you disconnected / reset board while Wizard is in progress.

- Connect the external battery
- Connect USB
- Start Wizard

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 06:18:36 pm »
I haven't reset the board while the wizard is in progress. I have tried that but I will try again... thanks for the help... Any other suggestions?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 06:57:52 pm »
If the delay occurs in normal mode that normal, the refresh rate for values in Input tab is around 2s. (for telemetry baudrate reasons)

Do you see delay when you start a manual calibration ? The refresh rate should be 300ms in this case.

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 08:01:48 pm »
I see a very small delay... There isn't much but I can look. I just got new batteries for my Tx and a new battery for the drone (the one that I had just blew a cell) I can see if that works. Right now I am waiting for it to charge, I will get back to you to let you know what is up.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 08:48:49 pm »
Ok, so I replaced all of the batteries and it works great... Problem solved