NOT ABLE TO CONNECT CC3D TO TARANIS
« on: September 20, 2016, 09:55:16 pm »
I am having issues connecting the CC3D to my TX (Taranis).  Will try and be brief but have tried several things.
This has been a repeating problem as sometime (once) it did work???
 I had my CC3D setup and flew it in a 250 quad but it required numerous attempts using the Transmitter Setup Wizard, then just suddenly worked????   Because of a crash I went through the Vehicle Setup Wizard, which works without any problems, but again I cannot connect to my TX again in the Transmitter Setup Wizard.  I restarted from scratch with the firmware upgrade,etc  I’m using the identical components as before.  My setup is: Taranis using the XJT module (also used internal), FrSky D4R-II receiver in PPM mode, connected to pin 8.  Have tried every input mode but no difference.  Verified the RX is bound and does work.  Tried another D4R-II in PPM, same results.  Tried a D8R-XP in PPM and PWM but same results although in the manual setup screen the throttle moves (wrong channel and is delayed 2 or 3 seconds).  Used 2 different laptops (Windows 10), no different. Tried 2 different CC3D units but the same for both. Had a friend who has used CC3D before help me but he could not make it work either.  Tried reloading the saved setup from when it did work but still will not work.
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Re: NOT ABLE TO CONNECT CC3D TO TARANIS
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 09:43:09 pm »
I have this transmitter and receiver and am using PPM mode.  You must put a jumper across the correct pins (signal pins in channel 3 and 4, that is the outer pins on the left side when looking at the pins) in the receiver to get it to do PPM mode.  Then you must use the top servo connector on the right side to get the PPM signal.  The bottom right side is an RSSI signal.

I also googled how to get it to stop sending any pulses when it flies out of range!  That is a tricky one.  :)