marvin

Send 4-axis stick commands by using the matlab code in librepilot
« on: September 18, 2016, 03:00:02 pm »
 Hi, I wanna send control commands to a quad by using the matlab code "GCSControl.m" without using a joystick. The basic procedure is to send UDP packets to GCS. Following the setting steps introduced in (), I configure the UDP host and UDP port and connect my quad (CC3D FC) via a USB cable. Then I send control commands by using the matlab code. However, the quad has no response. Why?  Is the matlab code still work?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 10:16:23 pm by hwh »

hwh

Re: Send 4-axis stick commands by using the matlab code in librepilot
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 10:31:46 pm »
You're looking at a video and software that's almost two years old that wasn't done by the project.  It's unlikely that it would still work without you updating it. You could try contacting the person who posted the video and ask him about it.  It looks like he was running OpenPilot 14.10 during the video.  The OpenPilot project is dead but you could try to search for a 14.10 installer on Google/Bing and on archive.org.

If you search the forum there have been several threads over the last six or eight months about controlling from python and other languages.  I don't recall anyone trying to control from matlab but they might give you ideas about how to do it.

If you just want to send stick commands you could try emulating a joystick.  The wiki article https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Control+vehicle+using+joystick tells how to fly using a PC and joystick.

marvin

Re: Send 4-axis stick commands by using the matlab code in librepilot
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 04:15:00 am »
You're looking at a video and software that's almost two years old that wasn't done by the project.  It's unlikely that it would still work without you updating it. You could try contacting the person who posted the video and ask him about it.  It looks like he was running OpenPilot 14.10 during the video.  The OpenPilot project is dead but you could try to search for a 14.10 installer on Google/Bing and on archive.org.

If you search the forum there have been several threads over the last six or eight months about controlling from python and other languages.  I don't recall anyone trying to control from matlab but they might give you ideas about how to do it.

If you just want to send stick commands you could try emulating a joystick.  The wiki article https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Control+vehicle+using+joystick tells how to fly using a PC and joystick.

hwh, thanks a lot. Python is also OK for me.