chromvis

Revolution with LP and iOSD mini from DJI
« on: September 13, 2016, 01:30:14 am »
I am thinking on trying iOSD mini from DJI with my revolution FC and LP 16.09.
New release support CAN protocol, so it may work, is it?
Is it possible to send telemetry via CAN? And how to configure? Any clues, recommendations are appreciated.

hwh

Re: Revolution with LP and iOSD mini from DJI
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 02:55:48 am »
I'm not sure what you're referring to as "New release support CAN protocol".  There's no support for CAN buss in LP.

DJI's web pages on both iOSD versions talk only about compatibility with their flight controllers.  I doubt they would work with our software or any of the FC we support.

chromvis

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 05:17:38 am »
In hardware page on Config tab there is CAN in dropdown menus (do not remember is it on Main port or Flexi). I thought that it is DJI CAN bus. I could not find any description for it in wiki or in this forum.

hwh

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 07:09:36 am »
CAN bus is not only a software protocol but a hardware specification too.  It requires a CAN Transceiver chip on a board to connect. Neither the Revo nor the CC3d have one.  The Sparky2 has one but AFAIK LP doesn't support using it.  I'm not sure if TauLabs/dRonin use it for something or if it was added to the board for future expansion.

I loaded RC1 (I was still running a few week old Next) and took a look at the dropdowns for main/flexi on the Revo and CC3d and can't figure out which entry you're referring to.