startrek66

• F330+Revo
Some generic questions
« on: August 28, 2016, 11:26:48 pm »
1. Sometimes it happens that the procedure of reboot at the end of wizard is not successful (and go to manually rebbot), why?
2. If I have to calibrate the gyro I can do it directly from the menu calibration instead of going through the wizard?
3. Currently I only chose two ways of flight,  attitude and altitude hold.
By the manual if I try to arm motors with selected altitude hold mode, it fails, and this is correct.
But I also verified this:
Arming motors in attitude mode so without turning the motors I select altitude hold and then I act on stick throttle....... motors running. It's correct?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Some generic questions
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 11:55:12 pm »
1. Sometimes it happens that the procedure of reboot at the end of wizard is not successful (and go to manually rebbot), why?

Looks like a connection issue, try another cable.

2. If I have to calibrate the gyro I can do it directly from the menu calibration instead of going through the wizard?

Gyros are calibrated every time you power the board and every time you arm the board.

3. Currently I only chose two ways of flight,  attitude and altitude hold.
By the manual if I try to arm motors with selected altitude hold mode, it fails, and this is correct.
But I also verified this:
Arming motors in attitude mode so without turning the motors I select altitude hold and then I act on stick throttle....... motors running. It's correct?

You should follow the wiki instructions and engage the AltHold/Vario while in flight/hovering.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Altitude+Hold#AltitudeHold-Howtouse

startrek66

• F330+Revo
Re: Some generic questions
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 12:18:03 am »
Ok for question n.1

Question n.2--->I mean if I have to redo a calibration.

Question n.3 --->I am aware of how to enter the flight mode, my question is that if I accidentally do the described sequence selections, the quadcopter can also take off in altitude hold mode.

Regards