Help with stabilization configuration on eachine runner 250
« on: August 18, 2016, 03:34:47 am »
hello.
I recently bought the eachine racer 250 and spectrum dx8 transmitter, works good... I do not use much because i have fear of breaking it.
I see that when the drone starts to fly, it leans slightly back... My question is whether it is normal? , or a problem with the balance ? or if there are any settings for the stability of the drone? because i have basic configuration on librepilotd.
what I want is flying with lower risks and practice a while and stable as possible. :D
thanks for the help!!!

chromvis

Re: Help with stabilization configuration on eachine runner 250
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 04:53:02 am »
Did you calibrate accelerometers, level and magnetometer (configuration tab, attitude section)? If calibration is OK and your TX trimming at 0 quad should fly level with pitch/roll stick in neutral. Check also your Input calibration for neutral position setup.

BTW, you mention "...when the drone starts to fly..." - do you mean at take off? If yes, than it is ground effect. you should take off relatively fast to about 3 feet elevation, there there is no ground reflection effect.

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 06:26:27 am »
i mean at take off, sorry for my english...
No, i do not calibrate accelerometers, level and magnetometer, just hardware, vehicle and input because i had no idea that configurations use. The program configures all or is necessary to add something ? 

chromvis

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 03:48:09 pm »
As I understand, you have Eachine racer 250 which has CC3D flight controller. This FC only require simple gyros calibration. Read procedure in https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Attitude+Configuration
Make sure that "Zero gyros while arming" box is checked. And try to take off from flat horizontal surface.
There is also lots of other useful information.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 11:59:00 pm »
thanks for the information!! i'll try

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 05:48:51 am »
Also, it's very important to set it on the ground arm it, and don't move it for 10 seconds after arming it.
It doesn't have to be level.  It does have to be completely motionless.

During this time it is checking how high the gyro reads while it is motionless.  Later on it will use this number as if it were zero, so if it sees (example) 23 during this time, then later on it sees 24, it will convert that to 1.  22 gets converted to -1.  You see that it is important that it reads this number while it is perfectly motionless.  :)