MICRO MINIMOSD trouble
« on: August 06, 2016, 02:04:51 pm »
I connected my MICRO MINIMOSD to my Revo, but I don't see any osd stuff on my display, I can see the video but no telemetry at all.

I already tried to upload a new firmware, which works fine, but still no telemetry.

I'm using http://de.aliexpress.com/item/MICRO-MINIMOSD-Minim-OSD-Mini-OSD-W-KV-TEAM-MOD-For-Naze32/32428830797.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.52.bLPUNy

and it's setup as you can see in the attachment. What am I missing here?
ZMR 250 Frame, Revo, Simon EMAX 12A, DYS 2300KV, DALPROP 5045, DRX R615X, Spektrum DX6i, FPV pending (hand made antenna by chipsundgrips, UFO FPV DIY 5.8G 32CH 5 Inch 800 x 480 HD Snow Screen Goggles, Eachine 800tvl CCD 148° 5.8G  Camera/Transmitter)

0xFFFF

Re: MICRO MINIMOSD trouble
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 06:36:02 am »
I had trouble getting this going on my revo too. Have you looked at this page?
Because I was using the OPLink I decided to use the LP_All_From_Revo2303.hex
Use the tools in the links provided and you should be fine.
You'll need a FTDI 5V adapter (or similiar). I used the TTL-232R-3V3-WE

Re: MICRO MINIMOSD trouble
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 08:46:47 am »
Meanwhile I found out more about the problem.
1. all if I connect everything proper, I only see the Video, no OSD at all
2. If I disconnect Video-In, I can see the OSD
3. If i reconnect Video-In, the OSD disappears again -> video only

If you google for this problem, you will find some threads about ntsc/pal issues.
My camera is pal, so I switched in the config tool to PAL -> same behavior
So maybe my camera is labeled wrong and NTSC instead of PAL, so I changed the settings to NTSC -> same behavior

So I googled a bit more and found this thread https://github.com/ShikOfTheRa/scarab-osd/issues/202 I'm using exactly the same camera "Eachine 800TVL CCD". Seems like cam's using "Nextchip 2090 DSP" are not compatible with minimOSD just older cameras with "Nextchip 2040" sadly you can not find ob banggood,ali, amazon and co which dsp the camera you are going to buy uses. Maybe we should introduce a compatibility list in the wiki and link it to the osd howto page. I just ordered three different cameras to try out which one might work.

also another sidenote: when I was able to see the OSD, the osd complained about not recieving any telemetrie data. I'm using OPLink with my revo board, I had to start the groundstation to recieve the telemetrie data, only when oplink stuff was connected, i was able to get the data in the osd as well.
ZMR 250 Frame, Revo, Simon EMAX 12A, DYS 2300KV, DALPROP 5045, DRX R615X, Spektrum DX6i, FPV pending (hand made antenna by chipsundgrips, UFO FPV DIY 5.8G 32CH 5 Inch 800 x 480 HD Snow Screen Goggles, Eachine 800tvl CCD 148° 5.8G  Camera/Transmitter)