Unable to make it through vehicle wizard
« on: July 28, 2016, 09:42:19 pm »
Trying to set up a new FC and when I get to a certain point of the vehicle wizard I lose connectivity or it fails to reboot. Happens just prior to doing esc calibration.  Has anything changed that would cause this?  I also had to Uninstall the usb composite ports and reinstall because one of my boards that is known good wouldn't even connect... please tell me this is a bug and it's being worked on, I hate doing everything manually.  Lol. Please help if you can

Re: Unable to make it through vehicle wizard
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 11:27:00 pm »
I just ran through the whole vehicle setup wizard this past weekend with next and it works fine.  Maybe you are using 15.09 which I would guess is very well tested by now.

One thing I have seen is that you should disable the OpLink on your Revo/Sparky2 if you don't have an antenna on it.  It can cause funny things like this.  Maybe even a bad FC or cable or connector.  We have seen some clones come in with the RF shorted out.  Just turn it off and use USB for a test.

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 12:09:40 am »
I'm using a cc3d EVO board.... when the wizard gets to the point of output calibration I lose connection. I'm also having problems with the USB composite device whereas I have two other boards that will connect fine, then when I try the third board no connection and it says log replay where it should say system health. I have no idea why this keeps reoccurring

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 11:13:18 pm »
You must run matching firmware and GCS.  Unplug USB and battery, go to Firmware tab.  Press Upgrade (or Upgrade and Erase, since you don't have much set up).  Plug in USB.  If you get an error, you need to upgrade your bootloader to BL4 (search wiki or forum for that).