too much vibrations?
« on: July 18, 2016, 08:23:42 pm »
I'm new to the FPV racer hobby and I have a DIY quadcopter with a CC3D atom board. It crashed a few times and I tried to fix it, but the control board looks a bit lose now. When I try to fly it, it turns to one side or forward very fast and it is very difficult to counter this.

Attached is a screenshot when it is on the table with no props, but motors started. I guess the ms/s^2 values are a bit high? How does it look like for a working quadcopter when the motors are started? The latest librepilot firmware is installed on the board.

Re: too much vibrations?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 05:30:13 pm »
How do you have the atom mounted.  Are the stand offs tight. As in, is the loose inside the copter. 

I've had the plastic standoffs come loose and spin. And that was enough to cause all kinds of weird behavior

5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 05:57:32 pm »
I can't see standoffs. The board is in a case:
https://www.droenchen.de/media/image/6f/7b/fc/Produktbild-Mini-CC3D.jpg
and the case is glued to the frame with double-sided tape.

Do you have LibrePilot (or OpenPilot) Ground Control Station installed? How much is typical for the scopes display in order to still fly without problems? If I had a number (say +/-1 m/s^2 max), then it would be easier for me to fix it, and for others who read this.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 10:17:30 pm »
Vibrations a way too high :)

You can see a spike at -10 where the gravity of -9.81 is used to determine board orientation, according to the Accel axis measurements.

Be sure the Accel fitering is not equal to 0. Config > Attitude > Accel filtering
Add double sided adhesive foam, balance props... or fly rate :)