Buck

importing settings
« on: July 10, 2016, 09:13:19 pm »
so I am semi new to using a gcs and as such have a few questions. first I would like to say I am a bit lreary of connecting my quad to it and making any changes because Im not sure what I am doing. Therefore I found some pre-settings on uav review and was able to import them to open pilot. (Ive since downloaded Libre Pilot, noticing that open pilot is no longer supported) My question is if my quad is allready connected to the gcs when I import the settings does it automatically update the FC or is the uav file stored someplace within the GCS? And if stored within the GCS where do I find it and how do I use it to update my FC? thamks in advance, there is much I need to learn about Libre Pilot and if anyone can direct me to a user manual of sorts it would be much appreciated!

ernstock

Re: importing settings
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 08:34:59 pm »
Hi
User manual 'of sorts' is , I believe , the Librepilot wiki.
Someone more techy than me will be along to sort yr other question I'm sure. 

Re: importing settings
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 09:15:45 am »
The GCS, as i understand this, is not able to config anything without a connected CC3D. The complete configuration is grey, you can't do any changes. When you connect your CC3D, the configuration is filled with the data of your Flight-Controller and you can change the settings on the shown page of configuration. You must save your changes to CC3D before you go to another page or your changes will be lost.

With this in mind, lets look at importing UAV templates or your previously exported UAV-Settings: The uav-file contains the data from more than on or all pages of configuration. When you import all settings in one time, the contents are written directly to your CC3D. After that, the configuration reads your connected CC3D to show the content of the configuration page.

I use 'File->export uav' to make a backup of my settings before i change something. When everything goes wrong i can get my settings back to the CC3D by 'file -> import uav'.

Long post, short answer: You are working directly on a connected CC3D.