Can't upgrade firmware and bootloader on CC3D
« on: July 07, 2016, 10:30:58 am »
All,

Just installed LibrePilot on my windows 7 and connected my CC3D. First I couldn't upgrade the firmware as it kept showing "you will have to manually upgrade the board" when it tried to go to bootloader mode. I figured my BL version is 3 and I will need version 4. Followed the instruction from Bootloader Upgrade section on Wiki, it didn't have "Open" bottom on the screen for me to upload bu_cc3d.opfw no matter how many times I tried.

I also followed the discussion in this forum to reinstall LP program and make sure USB connection have no problem. Still the same problem. I am stuck and appreciate much any idea.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Can't upgrade firmware and bootloader on CC3D
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 12:19:36 pm »
Hi, welcome.

I think you miss the important stuff like "with the board disconnected from USB" in wiki page:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab

- First Disconnect board
- Next Rescue or Upgrade&Erase button
- Finally Connect board before the time out.

Try this and load the bu_cc3d.opfw file.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Rescue

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 01:37:33 pm »
Hi,

I did disconnect the board from USB before hitting Rescue or Upgrade&Erase button. It then asked me to connect the board in 20 seconds. I did and LibrePilot found the board and then nothing happened. There is no "Open" button like in the video. :'(

This is a brand new CC3D board. Is it possible this is DOA?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 02:01:26 pm »
Try disconnect all wiring from the board, use only USB.

- Disconnect board
- Rescue button
- Connect board

If nothing works, ask for a replacement.

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 05:41:07 pm »
Problem solved. I used another PC and firmware upgraded without any issue this time. Still don't know why it didn't work on the first PC....