TMGsi

EachineRacer250 not to recognize OP_GPS
« on: June 24, 2016, 05:58:45 pm »
Hello again.

The EachineRacer250 has a CC3d, I put the OP_GPS and it will not work.
The GPS works in my Robocat with a REvo. But EachineRacer250 not.
What can it be?

Follow teh Link OP_GPS model. http://www.banggood.com/OP-GPS-for-Openpilot-CC3D-Revolution-EVO-Atom-Mini-CC3D-Filght-Controller-p-1000066.html

Thank you.

hwh

Re: EachineRacer250 not to recognize OP_GPS
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 06:15:53 pm »
Those tiny GPS units are not compatible with the cc3d.  They have no flash memory to retain settings.  The revo auto-configures them on each boot so they work with it.  The cc3d doesn't have room in it's own memory for the auto-configure software to be added to it.  GPS used with cc3d require manual configuration and flash memory to retain the settings.

TMGsi

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 06:47:55 pm »
Jeez.

Even making manual configurattion with FTDi (The part of the flash memory I did not understand.) will not work?

hwh

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 06:56:44 pm »
You'd have to do it before each flight or keep it powered up all the time.  Since it doesn't have flash memory on it that GPS only retains the settings you do manually while it's tiny battery lasts.  Typically if it's been plugged in for a while and the battery is at full charge it will last for a few hours at most.  The battery is just intended to keep the settings between flights during the day and won't last overnight.  Better GPS units have a flash memory chip on them that retains the settings indefinitely.

TMGsi

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 07:11:40 pm »
I understand now. Thank you.
it will be lot of work to remake the configuration every time.

Leaving the OP_GPS and going to the OSD EachineRacer250.
The eachineracer already has an integrated OSD,
and only shows the battery voltage, flight time and FPV channel/band. If I add a GPS that works on it, the OSD is built it will show the GPS information?

hwh

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 07:27:01 pm »
No, that OSD just shows what it shows now, adding a GPS won't change anything.  If you want anything else on the OSD you have to add another OSD board and disable the built in one.  It's not really worth the trouble. 

I have a Racer 250 too.  :)

TMGsi

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 07:32:45 pm »
:(

You added a GPS in your?

hwh

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 07:55:12 pm »
Currently it's the stock configuration the same as I received it.

At one time I experimented with replacing the cc3d with a "Revolution Mini" board.  I also added a GPS (same one you have, it came with the revo board) and oplink telemetry transmitter.  The mini revo is an easy upgrade, the little cable that goes to the cc3d has the same connector with the pinout wrong.  You take one of the connectors off the cable, flip it over and put the wires back in.  The stock pinout is exactly the reverse of the mini revo one.  Because the power wires inside the PDB were so close to the revo it's internal mag wouldn't work properly and it really needed a better GPS with an external mag in it mounted on a pole.

In the end I took off the GPS, oplink, and revo, reversed the connector again, and put back the stock cc3d.  I only fly close enough to see the quadcopter so I didn't really see any advantage to having all the rest on it.

TMGsi

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 08:08:48 pm »
it is.

I'll leave the original as well.

But I learned to fly FPV, and GPS goes very well with respect to telemetry.

Will invest more in my Robocat that assembled. I put a Revo and I'm hoping to gett the GPS with compass.

Thank you Hwh.