Newbie Tuning Help
« on: June 14, 2016, 04:17:02 pm »
Hello All,
   I am new to the multi rotor world. I have a Walkera Runner 250. Walkera now offers a CC3D FC for the Runner. And people on the forum say it flies better than the standard MultiWii 2.2 FC. So I decided to try one. I installed it and went through the setup wizard in LiberePilot. And I do like how it flies!! As you can see I have it tamed down a lot in my attachment. What I can see is a slight oscillation in the roll when hovering. Maybe in pitch as well but it is harder to view. I also can hear a vibration sound that did not happen with the old FC. On all these settings what should I try to adjust to better the oscillation/vibration I am experiencing?

Thanks for any input/help.

Brian

Re: Newbie Tuning Help
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 05:47:42 pm »
Welcome to the world of tuning your PIDs!

From your description I would simply reduce your Inner Loop Roll PIDs by say 20% and see if you like that better.  So subtract 6 from Inner Loop Roll Proportional and subtract 13 from Integral.  Experiment.  The Default button gets you back to the beginning.

Re: Newbie Tuning Help
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 06:11:40 pm »
Thanks,

I did as you said and visually it seems to help. But I can still hear the vibration sound. When flying FPV, not good at it BTW, you can see the vibration in the video feed as well. But I like how it flies LOS.

I think my problem may be in the ESC calibration. Don't know what HZ setting to use. Set at 490HZ right now. I have gone over/through it a few times. Just not confident I am doing it right. When applying light throttle, just enough to get the props to spin, they never start at the same time. Also if I don’t give the throttle a blip, to “Jump” the quad off the ground. Sometimes the front of the quad will lift first. Almost like it is pulling a wheelie. Then next rainy day I will probably sit down and dedicate some real time to focus on the ESC’s. But this problem my be just a “Walkera thing……”

I have been experimenting with different settings. And I can see/feel a difference between them. I have been using a three-position flight mode switch set up to do that. I am now settling in on what I like. And the nice thing with this CC3D FC is as I grow and get better I can make it more aggressive.