klujek

Revolution Mini level problem, drifting
« on: June 14, 2016, 10:44:57 am »
Hi

Here is video with the problem - please check what happend with horizon. At 50 second is view of the revo mini mounted on dumping plate.

Mainly I use acro+ mode but sometimes I need stabilisation for aerial shots or to show kids how to fly (they probably will not hurt quad as much as I did ;) ).

I did all calibration of all sensors with temperature but in stabilisation mode quad start drifting and in rate mode I see horizon off the place it should be.

In stabilisation mode I don't need all of these sensor - is it possible to disable sensor you don't need ?

I use before CC3D FC and haven't any problem with it and it always fly smooth. 
On revolution mini board I try Raceflight with standard PID and I was unable to fly smooth. Any help will be appreciated.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 04:37:04 pm by hwh »

Re: Revolution Mini level problem, drifting
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 05:25:58 pm »
What I see in video is that the OSD horizon lags very far behind the true value.  That might be caused by any of several different things.

The lag is the problem I see.  The next question is whether that lag is only for the OSD or causes bad flight problems too.

The first thing I would do is to connect a USB cable to GCS and do the same test while watching the GCS "Flight Data" page which has a similar "artificial horizon".  It should respond immediately!  Note that it will tip in the opposite direction you tip the quad.  That is normal (think about it :) ).

From your recollection, does it fly in Attitude mode and automatically level "quickly" when you release the sticks?  If so then it is just an OSD problem (probably needs higher baud rate for both sides of OSD connection).

If it does not fly in Attitude mode (does not level correctly, the true leveling has too much lag) then I ask whether you used a "cloud config" or whether you adjusted some expert values like GCS -> Configuration -> Attitude -> Settings -> Filtering (or) GCS -> Configuration -> Stabilization -> Expert -> Sensor Tuning.  Reset these to default values to make sure.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 05:52:22 pm »
Hi,

Please post your config file: File > Export UAV settings

klujek

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 11:15:45 am »
Hi

Thanks for reply. UAV settings file is in attachment.

I reset all my settings on the board and make everything from scratch with the setup wizard and then add some tweeks for rate and acro+ mode. After tooday fly with recofigured settings nothing changed. Horizon still fly away and doesn't correspond to the real horizon (but that could be a connection speed issue - I will check it and let you know) . Stabilization mode still have a drift to the left back direction.

On the GCS horizon is fine. There is some changes in scopes with yaw and pitch that  I think should be flat.

Tom

klujek

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 01:28:17 pm »
Higer telemetry connection speed not working...

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 02:54:22 pm »
Nothing weird in your config file.
Yaw drift is "normal", can be better (or less) after temperature calibration.

Horizon moving in OSD and at same time correct (still) in GCS looks really strange.
Be sure you wait gyro init after you power up the board (fast blinking occurs), board need to be still.

Higer telemetry connection speed not working...

don't understand...  oplink ?

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 04:51:32 pm »
don't understand...  oplink ?

I think it is about telemetry connection to OSD.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 05:49:41 pm »
Ha..

Telemetry is 57600 in all cases, board side and OSD side.

klujek

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 12:49:18 pm »
Horizon moving in OSD and at same time correct (still) in GCS looks really strange.
I tested horizon with OSD and GCS in the same time and everything seems fine.
When flying horizon sometimes go of the position it should be but I don't have a blackbox to record this and visualize on video. By the way is in LibrePilot possibility "blackbox" record like in raceflight ??

Be sure you wait gyro init after you power up the board (fast blinking occurs), board need to be still.
I always wait about 15 sec before I arm and start a quad - I notice longer boot time than old CC3D so Im shure that frame is stable and horizon on the position.

Yaw drift is "normal", can be better (or less) after temperature calibration.
I did thermal callibration before I reset all settings and didn't see big difference in yaw drift.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 09:42:32 pm »
Maybe the first video you posted here is simply related to a bad gyro init.

If you see the horizon that go crazy while flying Rate and no other sensor issue around, the horizon behavior is related to vibrations that alters the accelerometers measurements.
Add foam to isolate the board from vibrations, change / balance props.

klujek

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 12:57:19 am »
Definitely I balance props and try. FC already is mounted on dumping plate.

Usually when I fly between trees I don't look at the horizon - actually there are more things to watch than horizon level ;)

I'll do some test and talk back after holidays.

Thanks!!