TMGsi

Re: Revo not arming in mode that depends on GPS
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2016, 09:55:58 pm »
I could leave positionHold
without circulating (the problem was solved)

By mentioning the buzzer, I redid all the calibration without the buzzer

and

let the onboard mag. (onboard was bellter that auxmag)

I'm not to believe  :)    :)    :)

Test after the return to home.

TMGsi

« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2016, 10:51:10 pm »
I have a question in return to base.

I'll do the first test. The HomeLocation is set (my house)
the test place is in another neighborhood.

I need to set the new location of Homelocation? ( the place where I will take the test will not have internet)

OR do not need,
the revolution knows the place where took off?

TMGsi

« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2016, 12:16:18 am »
I was very happy to be able to leave the quad in PositionHold.

I test the ReturnToBase.

RTB programed for:
                            up 25 meters;
                            back from where took off;
                            and land.

in the first test it was ok.
In the second test the engines turned off in the  25 meters and there was the fall.

This fall upset me.

Why engines stopped?

In the fall the quad crumbled, I went home and I mounted again. Thank God all the pieces worked.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 11:45:39 am by TMGsi »

« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2016, 08:00:44 am »
I see the "lipo alarm" in your "lost model alarm picture" and it does not have a magnet in it.  Should not cause problems.
Wrong, it does, and can have a small effect even 20cm away.

Problem was definitely the mag compass.  Flying circles (toilet bowl) during Position Hold is always mag compass issue.

Even when mounting aux mag (and GPS) on a post, you still must twist all "high current" (thick) motor wires, ESC wires, and battery wires.

Sometimes I have seen that mag reading is not very good when quad is sitting on the ground.  I also sometimes have a hard time getting green mag at beginning.

Figure out what caused "fall out of sky" during RTB...   What happens when you are flying and you switch off the transmitter?  Does it fall then?  1 - Maybe it was a radio issue?  2 - I think (not sure) there is code that watches RTB course and if it is not flying in correct direction, it may give up and turn off motors so it does not fly away.  This #2 would be related to mags again.

Also: I suggest that you use VelocityRoam mode instead of PositionHold mode.  If transmitter sticks are in the middle then VR is same as PH and it stays in one place.  If you move the sticks, the quad moves.  Release sticks and quad stops.  More fun and more useful.

Lately I have not been in forum much.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 11:31:07 pm by TheOtherCliff »

Mateusz

« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2016, 08:59:18 am »
1) Mag issue

What GPS mast are you using ? I've been looking at your photos, and it seems like something custom or self-made.
Be sure that the mast is NOT rotating. Rotating mast invalidates mag calibration.
Also be sure that compass (or in your case GPS) is mounted flat on the top of the mast. External magnetometer must be aligned perfectly with flight controller.
Finally, make sure that you always have green external mag, even when motors are spinning. To see that you can use OPlink modem (no need for USB cable).

2) Motors shutting off
Motors should never shut down in flight unless fail-safe is triggered, or something got disconnected in flight.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2016, 09:54:05 am »
I see the "lipo alarm" in your "lost model alarm picture" and it does not have a magnet in it.  Should not cause problems.

Most devices that have a buzzer have a permanent magnet inside.
See what happens when this one

move around a board:

Of course the board is perfectly still.

TMGsi

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2016, 12:59:26 pm »
Hello TheOtherCliff
The Revolution is set failsafe. If you happen engines are 40% to land slowly.
I think it might then be your second option (is code that watches RTB course) OR problem on the battery. 
(the engines were switched off at the place where took off, only the 25 meters high)

Hello Mateusz
The mast that I was very good. stiff and well fixed.
I do not have yet the OPlink, but in the future I will buy one.

Hello F5soh
I did a test with a pocket compass I have, and this buzzer does locking the pole of the compas when it approaches. After I took buzzer drone, the compass of the revolution was better than GPS. So I could leave PositionHold without buzzer.

So what seems to be the problem is the battery that has shut down the engines. ( I guess)

Thank you so much.

Mateusz

« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2016, 01:42:16 pm »
TMGsi

There are usually 2 fail-safe
  • Revolution has fail-safe
  • Your receiver can have fail-safe (FrSky has)

If it happens that your receiver has fail-safe, then it is probably triggered when you go out of range.
I don't know what happens when you are in Return to Base (RTB) flight mode and receiver triggers fail-safe. I think FrSky default is to set throttle to 10% ?
Also Return to Base climbs up very high first to avoid hitting something right ? So that could additionally increase the range.

Maybe someone else here can clarify if during RTB, fail-safe triggered in receiver can cause motors shut off ?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2016, 02:05:23 pm »
Whatever the failsafe i think there is nothing that keep armed when Throttle is low.

Wagsy

• Rotorpix
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2016, 03:20:37 pm »
Hi.
I have two machines set up with GPS and RTB - Land as the failsafe.
Turn radio off it comes back.
Out of range it comes back till I get control again.
One machine has a Frsky RX and I set it to no pulse.
The other machine has a Crossfire RX and that too is set to no pulse.
No pulse means the RX does not send any last commands to the FC when connection is lost.
The failsafe on the REVO boards are set to (On failesafe switch to flight position 6) which is my RTB and land switch setting.
The throttle setting I have not touched, its still set on -100 in the GCS.

For you motors to stop, maybe the RX stopped working. Maybe the plug into the FC was loose and so as the failsafe on teh FC was set to motors stop, thats what happened. I hot glue my plugs into the FC and RX.

TMGsi

« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2016, 05:08:50 pm »
Hello.
Before you happen to fall, I did failsafe tests (turned off the radio to find the right percentage of throttle to land softly, was perfect in 40%, in my case)
My radio does not have failsafe. It is a simple radio 6ch. (HK6s)

The test RTB that shut off engines, it was not failsafe. For I did RTB test on a football field, pulled away the drone about 70 meters away and about 5 meters high.

The RTB programmed to rise 25 meters and back from where took off.
In the first test was a sucess.
In the second test of RTB, after which rose 25 meters, it returned to the place of takeoff, at the time of land (in the 25 meters high and zero distance the engine turned offO so there was no distance to happen failsafe, the distance was between the drone and the radio was onlu 25 meters high.

Although the failsafe is programmed in revolution with 40% throttle.

I must have failed in some important detail.

Wagsy

• Rotorpix
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2016, 11:56:25 pm »
So have you got a switch programed on your radio to engage RTB and land.
How have you got your RX (receiver) programed for a failsafe.
If you want the FC to just use it's failsafe, you have to set your RX (receiver) to no pulse or cut etc.
So that means that even if the wires from the RX going to the FC came out in flight, the machine would still come back.
Here is how I have my REVO FC failsafe set, don't need to adjust throttle percentage as it just goes to flight mode 6 = RTB and Land.

But be warned, if it's on the ground and armed, if you then accidentally hit a GPS mode switch or turn the radio off, the machine will start up and fly off :-)
Same if you land and don't disarm it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 12:04:55 am by Wagsy »

TMGsi

« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2016, 12:35:55 am »
My HK6s radio receiver is not programmed. ( I have no option to program anything on the receiver)
All programming (in my case) is only on board revolution.

The radio has a key 2 positions.
position 1 = stabilized
position 2 = sometimes configured to PositionHold, sometimes RTB, sometimes Rate, sometimes VelocityRoam. (every time I needed to do another test with fight mode, had to enter the GCS and change)

As for the failsafe also in GCS put 40% throttle.

Everything in the GCS, nothing on the receiver.

The radio also has a potentiometer.
I also used for flight modes this key, I could have up to 4 modes, but is slower at the time of change and risky.

The failsafe with 40% throttle, have to disarm when lands. If you turn off the radio without disarm, trigger 40% even accidentally. Pay attention to this.
at the befinning I always forget.

Wagsy

• Rotorpix
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2016, 01:18:10 am »
You should not have to set 40% throttle, just set it to your RTH flight mode.
I would recommend you get yourself something like a Taranis radio and a Frysky D4R II RX.
You will never outgrow the radio and the RX can send signal strength and voltage back to the radio which then speaks to you.
I have 6 flight modes programed into 3 switches which override each other depending on what mode you are in.