Buzzer automaticly starts after 50 seconds
« on: May 28, 2016, 04:30:37 pm »
Hi,

I installed a buzzer on my Revolution board. It works but not the way i expected it to work.

I attached screenshots of my setup.

The buzzer starts after about 50 seconds without any interaction, even in flight.
When I press the the switch(direction doesnt matter) on the remote it stops and starts again in 50 seconds.

But I only want the buzzer to start if I press the switch.

Any ideas and help is appreciated.

Thank you,

hwh

Re: Buzzer automaticly starts after 50 seconds
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 04:50:36 pm »
There's a wiki article that explains how to set up a buzzer.   https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Adding+a+buzzer+to+Multirotor+frame

Your settings for channel neutral don't seem to be anywhere near correct.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 06:53:53 pm »
Hi hwh,

thanks for your quick reply, i will check you suggestions tomorrow and will update this post.

Thanks,

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 03:20:08 pm »
Hi hwh,

i adopted your suggestions but the buzzer still goes of after 50seconds. Same behaviour.
I already followed the steps in the article. Maybe it is the buzzer is programmed to only start after signal loss or something like that. Ill try a different one, these things arent that expensive.

I can only shut of the buzzer with the switch, if i toggle it in any direction.

Thansk,

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 03:36:42 pm by 64k »

hwh

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 03:32:27 pm »
...Maybe it is the buzzer is programmed to only start after signal loss or something like that. ...

That could be.  The instructions are for a basic signal on equals buzzer on type buzzer.

What buzzer do you have?

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 03:39:58 pm »
Hi,

it looks like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/GigaMax-Universal-Quadcopter-Helicopter-Alarm/dp/B00UAI8K22
or this one:
http://www.amazon.com/RavTech-Universal-Quadcopter-Helicopter-Alarm/dp/B00RK20EY8

I dont know the exact type.
Is anyone using a good working finder/buzzer which works with the revolution board, and only start when activating a switch?

Thanks,

hwh

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 03:52:14 pm »
Yes, that's pretty much the opposite of what the instructions were written for.  It's designed to be placed between the receiver and the flight controller and go off if it doesn't see any stick movements in a one minute period.  It wouldn't require any configuration in GCS or switch.  Just shut off the transmitter or stop moving the stick and it would go off a minute later.

The wiki instructions were written for a simple buzzer that goes off when a signal is applied and is quite without one.