weijay

Bailout/rescure mode?????
« on: May 28, 2016, 04:05:24 pm »
Hi everybody,
Does anybody know if the CC3D can be setup to have a Bailout mode, such that at a flick of a switch the controller would return the helicopter back to the hovering position (right side up) when it was lost control/ orientation during a maneuver or 3D flying.

The reason I ask this question, is that the CC3D is equipped with the essential hardware, i.e. gyro, accelerometer, for such a function.

Cheers.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Bailout/rescure mode?????
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 06:29:38 pm »
Yes, that fully implemented.

There is a flightmode using Attitude stabilization, this mean level flight.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Attitude+Setup

I doubt you take the time for move the switch to level mode while you're trying recovery or 3D flying... try Rattitude:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Rattitude+Setup

aa8mc

Bailout/rescure mode?????
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 06:18:04 am »
The cc3d proper is not as well equipped as you would think.  To truly achieve this I think you would at least need a revo and probably GPS as well.  If you have that, then I would set up a mix on my transmitter between the "holy crap" switch and my main flight mode switch. Assuming the "holy crap" switch is a 2 position and your main switch has 3, you would set up 6 flight modes. All of the modes when the HC switch is on would map to position hold and the rest would map normally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F450 Quad Clone
Outrunner1000KV Motors
HobbyWing FlyFun 30A ESCs
1045 Props
Telemetry via OP Link
FlySky FS-i6 transmitter w/ 10 channel mod
Sparky2 Flight controller
HobbyAce UBLOX 6M GPS
Running LibrePilot next branch
MinimOSD
FlySight Spexman FPV Goggles
Floureon 5500mAh LiPos

weijay

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 12:56:27 am »
So you mean having a GPS would assist in the bailout function?

From what I read in the forum, it seems that the only difference between the CC3D and the revo is the extra port for dsm and the gps.

The radio I use is the t9x with flashed firmware of e9x. And yes I have the radio setup to do 6 flight modes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hwh

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 01:48:38 am »
So you mean having a GPS would assist in the bailout function?...
Not really.  On a cc3d the GPS is only good for telemetry or an OSD.   On a revo it enables GPS assisted modes but for what you asked about just flying in the modes f5soh mentioned would probably do what you want on either board.  You let the sticks center and the FC will try to level and stabilize the copter.

...From what I read in the forum, it seems that the only difference between the CC3D and the revo is the extra port for dsm and the gps....
There's a lot more difference than that, the revo has a faster processor and more memory.   That allows running more advanced GPS assisted modes like autonomous flight.

weijay

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 02:16:31 am »
thank you very much for the help guys.

SamSam

• Quads Helis planes
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 05:25:58 am »
I Think this will be trial and error base experiment, has anyone done it...? so far according to my experience, if you are flying inverted on "rate" mode, and if you flip the switch to "attitude" your heli will remain same and you will lose "left" and "right" controls, you will have forward and backward control though. more likely you will end up in a crash.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 07:24:00 am »
If you enter in Attitude while in Rate, the vehicle return to level.

But again, i doubt you have time for switching the right switch at right moment...
Try Rattitude mode instead.