Beginner build help
« on: May 27, 2016, 08:41:16 pm »
Hi all,
Hi all,
 I'm about to build my first racing drone (ROBOCAT CO-CO 280) and I'm a absolute beginner so please can you help with two questions at the moment, the first is, in LibrePilot  setup wizard it asks what frame do you have so I would like to know what frame the robocat co-co 280 is please, my second question is, I have a Revolution and I would like to know how I would setup my Revolution for these settings:
stabilised beginner, stabilised sport, stabilised freestyle,
acro beginner, acro sport, acro freestyle
 if you could explain how to do this it would be most appreciated, it would be great if some one could help.
Thank you.

Re: Beginner build help
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 09:31:27 pm »
Frame size doesn't matter as much as the motors/esc/battery/prop combo. Try the Emax 250. It's actually a 280mm copter. Try any of the qav/blackout 250 templates. They all fly pretty well default. Just try to match as many components as possible.

Try "attitude" at first to get the hang of flying a multi-rotor.  Then maybe step up to "Rattitude" (mix of attitude and rate) for flips at full stick throw and auto leveling attitude around center stick. I actually used "rate trainer mode" to get used to flying with no self level. Then step up to rate mode or acro+. That's every bodys  ultimate  goal I believe. Unrestricted free flight that allows all kinds of redicilous acro flying

Also delete the cc3d in front of revolution. It's either a "cc3d" or a "revo" board. Not both. The Chinese are naming their clones "Revolution" as a selling tactic, nothing more.

Under the input tab, flight mode settings.

Nobody "needs" 6 flight modes. 2-3 will make 99.9% of everyone happy. I almost never switch flight modes, once I learned rate mode I never touched my mode switch again. Occasionally I'll use attitude mode to land in tight quarters FPV.

Most templates use 3 modes. 6 flight modes is possible. But I'm not sure how, search this forum. The answer is in here somewhere. I know because I've seen it.

Also check out the Libre pilot wiki. It explains all the flight modes and what they do and how to set them up. Sorry I can't seem to find the link.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS