Z33

Re: X4r sbus issues
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 03:58:10 pm »
I erase the board and tried again but no dice.

How do I select channel 5? I tried plugging my servo #4 into the 5th pin but nothing happens.

Mateusz

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 04:11:43 pm »
I erase the board and tried again but no dice.

How do I select channel 5? I tried plugging my servo #4 into the 5th pin but nothing happens.

Vehicle -> Multirotors -> Motor output channels, you can change Channel 4 to other output I believe.
I don't think it's a firmware issue, otherwise many people would notice this already, and we dont have such a problem. Motor is a mechanical device, so unlikely to be the problem.
Did you try using pin number 3 to send signal to esc/motor 4 ? Maybe it's your ESC that is behaving wired ?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:17:14 pm by Mateusz »

Z33

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 04:24:47 pm »
Thanks let me remap channel 4 to 5 using your method.

Yes, I tested the following:

1. Use pin 3 to send signal to motor 4, and it works.
2. I have another brand new nano board, I just tested it and it works perfect. This implies nothing wrong with my current esc/motor 4.

I find this very odd, I dont believe I have crashed hard in my previous frame to damage pin 4. It's not bent or anything for starters.

Z33

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 04:39:15 pm »
Learn of a bug?

I mapped motor 4 to channel 5 and save it in the GCS. I go to the Output page and it shows correctly.

However, when you run through vehicle setup, the program will auto assign sequentially for you! So my motor 4 is map back again to channel 4.

Ok, so I follow through vehicle setup and save everything and when back to GCS to manually re-map and I decided to test "live motors"...it doesn't work. Despite re-mapping, channel 5 now spins motor 3! wtf

Nano is unable to change the sequence of mapping from 1-4 sequentially. You can't skip a number!

Please tell me how to do it if I am missing a step here.

EDIT: I think I managed to remap it. The output page mapping of 1->1 and 2->2 is not sequential. I get bank 3 moving motor 4 and bank 5 moving motor 3.

I do not know how to manually set min throttle anymore as mentioned above because vehicle wizard does not allow a remap.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:52:15 pm by Z33 »

Mateusz

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 04:55:22 pm »
Learn of a bug?

I mapped motor 4 to channel 5 and save it in the GCS. I go to the Output page and it shows correctly.

However, when you run through vehicle setup, the program will auto assign sequentially for you! So my motor 4 is map back again to channel 4.

Ok, so I follow through vehicle setup and save everything and when back to GCS to manually re-map and I decided to test "live motors"...it doesn't work. Despite re-mapping, channel 5 now spins motor 3! wtf

Nano is unable to change the sequence of mapping from 1-4 sequentially. You can't skip a number!

Please tell me how to do it if I am missing a step here.

You have to tell which version of LibrePilot you're using. The easiest would be if you could post your exported UAV file.

Z33

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 05:26:17 pm »
Thanks Mateusz.

I have to apologise but I am not aware of the version I should be using? I am just using a nano and the latest gcs (before development stopped) I know you guys broke away from the main OP forum but I found LiftBag always helpful, so I came here. Happy to try LPilot software etc.

Edit 2: I played around a bit, reset, reboot, unplug lipo etc and went through the wizard a few times. As usual motor 4 is mapped by default to channel 4. My motor 4 now works but it cannot start at a min output of 1020 compared to other 3 motors. So whenI throttle up on my radio, motor 4 will lag the rest.

I am going into blheli suite to check the esc 4 one more time. I don't feel comfortable when I can't get it right because on my previous frame it was fine.

A kind reminder, my brand new Nano doesn't have this issue when I tested it. Maybe this pin 4 has gone wonky! LOL

Thanks all.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 06:20:27 pm »
Please post your Output tab with a screenshot.

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 07:18:48 pm »
Edit: To be clear, this shows how to do this for a Revo, but the procedure is the same for other FC's.  :)

I generally run the setup wizard one time, and from then on use the Configuration tab and set what I need to set.

If you run the wizard again it will set the motors to 1->1, 2->2, ...

First use Vehicle tab to set motor 4 to use channel 5 as in attachment "motor output channel5.png" (and Save)

It sounds like you need to do a manual ESC calibration (take props OFF!).  Do it before proceeding.

Then go to Output tab and set Bank(channels) Mode and Update Rate for #4 (channels 5 and 6) to match #1,#2,#3
Note that this may be different for other flight controllers.  You need to make sure that channel 5 Mode is the same as 1,2,3.  The numbers in parenthesis are the channel numbers you need to match.
Set Max on VTOLMotorSW (the motor you moved) to match the others. then set Min, then set Neutral (about 1020 for you). See attachment "output channels.png"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 07:37:21 pm by TheOtherCliff »

Z33

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 02:59:05 am »
Appreciate the replies f5/cliff.

I will definitely check it out the remapping sequence this weekend.

Final conclusion last night, I remapped sequentially with channel 4 to motor 4. Then I went back to manually adjust the motor neutral speed for motor 4 using the GCS. Recall the wizard could not do it.

So I pushed the slider and finally got motor 4 to spin at around 1090. Weird huh?

Now I tested with my radio and all motors spinning nicely.

But I would like to know the reason for this. Also any issues running one motor with higher neutral points?

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 04:26:30 am »
That is usually caused by bad ESC calibration.  You need to do ESC calibration before you do motor neutral (slowest speed that still spins).

Z33

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 02:26:51 am »
Hi there,

Yes I did the esc calibration a couple of times via wizard. that stage comes before motor neutral points setting.

Conclusion: I maiden my new copter and she flies great, just a little twitchy for my liking. Probably need to dial down my yaw rate. Motor 4 on pin 4 remains a mystery. The neutral point is higher at 1080-1090 compared to 1020 for the other 3. Will keep monitoring.

Thanks all.

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2015, 02:39:06 am »
Are they Emax 12A ESCs by any chance?

Z33

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2015, 12:08:22 pm »
Nope not Emax esc but I am running Emax 1806 motors. Don't recommend them. PITA to solder and they use stiff wires. Plus on HQ props, the motor shaft is a little short for a solid hold using nutlocks. Won't get them for my future builds or upgrades.

I am using little bees 20a. :)

Z33

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2015, 06:20:36 am »
Updates:

I'm still investigating this but it happened this morning when I wanted to hover test my quad at home.

I could not get the quad to arm. Weird thing is that on the bench last night with USB plugged into GCS, it arms and throttles nicely.

Spoke to a friend and he encountered the same issue and found a solution by putting in a pull down resistor) to the servo cable. He documented his solution at the OP forum. He believes there is an issue with the boards when it comes to sbus connection.

I'm going to see if my problem is related. To test: unplug the servo from FC to X4r and power on the Lipo. After that plug the servo in. Finally arm as usual.

I have checked the obvious, saved settings etc.

Will report back tonight but if anyone have issues please jump in. Maybe developers can look into this as well.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:16:14 am by Z33 »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 07:26:41 am »
Hi,

Some users add a capacitor connected to receiver. I'm pretty sure this solution just allow hiding another hardware issue like bad connection/wires...

If you can reproduce your arm issue, it should be great if you check SystemHealth panel and see what appends.