Z33

X4r sbus issues
« on: October 05, 2015, 04:42:11 am »
Hi guys,

Just checking to see if anyone have this problem.

Am using the nano and have problems getting it working on the radio wizard. Moving throttle does not move the GUI. Everything else is fine.

I have:
Use main port and followed the diagram available on the net.
Swap to a brand new nano to try
Changed cables.
Taranis plus radio latest  official fw  and set to d16.
Taranis radio successfully binds
with rx.
I checked the GUI hardware page and it reads sbus.

I believe my x4r is a non-EU version with stock fw.

I am stumped!

Please help.

Cheers,
Z

Mateusz

Re: X4r sbus issues
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 08:54:17 am »
Just checking to see if anyone have this problem.

I might have seen something similar, but I wasn't able to reproduce this.
I have the same receiver/setup, so I will try reproducing it today after work.

Did going back and forth in wizard screen help a bit ?

If you don't bother messing with your build, you could try different protocol maybe ppm or if you have maybe even different receiver to see if problem persists. Is it a new build or it worked earlier ?

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 09:01:08 am »
I just setup a F450 with a CC3D using a Frsky X8R and I could not get SBUS to work at all.

I took the RX off a build that works fine running SBUS with a Nano on OP firmware 15.05.2.

It won't recognize any TX inputs while in SBUS but I was able to plug into the RX output port and use PWM.

Flew great by the way.

I would like to get SBUS working though as I just ordered a new X4R RX for this build. 

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 09:04:17 am »
Hi
I am using the exact setup on both Revolution and Nano and I have it working without any glitches. Do you use the setup wizard to configure your ports or are you doing it manually? If you do it manually you have to remember to restart the controller after you set the port. Please check your connection between the receiver and board. It is easy to get something wrong there :) 
Question: what firmware and GCS are you running?
/F

Z33

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 09:15:45 am »
Thanks for quick replies everyone. Here are some bullet points replies as I'm typing on my phone:

I am running the latest fw and GCS for nano.

I have changed my cables just in case but no dice.

I have used a brand new nano board and no dice.

I am using the wizard for both be vehicle and radio setup. Vehicle setup is fine.

Note that I have flown this current nano board with ppm on my d4rii before.

Updates: another forum member could be on to something. Rook62 said he encountered a similar problem as well. He fixed it by closing down the GCS and taking batts off the quad after finishing vehicle setup. He then restarted GCS and went to radio wizard. He had to do this a few times before finally it worked.

I'm at work now but I will try this method and report back tonight when I get home.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 10:31:21 am »
Hi,

Please post config file and some pictures that shows wiring.

I'm using the same setup with two boards without issue.

Laurent

Z33

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 02:28:51 pm »
Can't seem to post any pics! Tried 6th times. The forum is super slow as well to access.  :-[

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 02:47:54 pm »
Hi

Can you host the image and file externally and post links for it here while we are looking at the forum issue?
/F

Z33

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 03:23:40 pm »
Hi there,

I managed to post some pics over at RCS groups. If you don't mind, here is the link. Kindly have a look.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2453809&page=19

btw, I tried Rook's method above like 5x and it does not work. Fed up, I plugged back my d4rii and presto it's fine again. So I don't think it is the Nano board.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 03:38:03 pm »
SBUS should work much better if you connect Sbus receiver to Main port, NOT FLEXI :)

There is no Sbus on Flexi port

Z33

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 03:54:44 pm »
thanks for your quick reply mate.

I thought there was the main port!!

Ok it works! Feel silly now but thank you sir!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 04:08:18 pm by Z33 »

Z33

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 02:41:44 pm »
Hi gents,

More noob issues.

I found out that Motor 4 does not spin. So I swapped the signal + ground servo wire to channel 3 to test and motor 4 spins. This suggest there is something wrong with my channel 4 pin on the Nano? Is there a fix for this?

My Nano board is fairly new but I have had some crashes in the previous frame but nothing too serious.

Please advise.

Cheers,
Z

Mateusz

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 02:46:18 pm »
Hi gents,

More noob issues.

I found out that Motor 4 does not spin. So I swapped the signal + ground servo wire to channel 3 to test and motor 4 spins. This suggest there is something wrong with my channel 4 pin on the Nano? Is there a fix for this?

My Nano board is fairly new but I have had some crashes in the previous frame but nothing too serious.

Please advise.

Cheers,
Z

I would check
  • With neutral point calibration in vehicle wizard, especially that one motor and wire
  • Whether cables are fine, continuity on multi meter should help

xpantz

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 02:48:54 pm »
Have a close inspection of the board/solder joints for the output pins.

Try resetting the board.

If all else fails use channel 5. 

Z33

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 03:05:11 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply gents.

I have checked my soldering, looks ok and I also inspected the nano board. looks new in fact. (I have decased it and shrink wrapped)

1. Initially I thought servo wire #4 could be an issue but it powers motor #3 fine.
2. I also swapped motors but same result.
3. So for some reason pin #4 is not sending signal to spin the motors. In fact, during the GCS motor calibration stage, I notice it could not find the min throttle point easily. (the other 3 motors spun smoothly at 1020 or so but motor 4 did not spin till say a much higher value, can't remember the value but the slider was greater than mid point)

Are you suggesting it is a software problem, assuming the pin 4 structurally looks fine?