Drakk

FS-I6 / FS-IA6B issues
« on: May 17, 2016, 03:53:01 pm »
Hi Guys,

New to the world of Drones, anyways having problem with my FS-I6 Controller and maybe FS-IA6B.
        i ran the wiz setup, and all was running sweet, the motors all work and so is my CC3D.
        now am up to Input Channel Configuration, I clicked on Acro, then picked Mode 2.
        Next Page is to move the left throttle up and down, but on the controll its not syncing with whats on the comp screen.
        I looked on the conroller manu under Functions Setup and Display and i can see the left and right Stick both working,
        But the controller and receiver are not talking to each other (and yes i binded the controller twices and nothing).

Gegtor

Re: FS-I6 / FS-IA6B issues
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 05:50:17 pm »
If you are using pwm(many cables) check if you all your cables are connected properly

If you are using ppm or cppm (one cable + power) check if you have selected proper receiver type

Check if left gimbal is working properly on your radio by going to display menu

:D Good luck
Started from cc3d with open pilot now using naze32 with cleanflight

I want to help as many people as i can

RIP my english :D

Drakk

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 02:10:09 am »
This is what it looks like atm.

hwh

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 04:21:27 am »
Have you verified that the receiver is working by disconnecting one of the ESCs from the cc3d and hooking it directly to the receiver?  Without props of course.

Other than that your wiring looks to be setup for PWM type input, was that what you selected during the wizard?  Do you have the battery hooked up while you're trying to get the sticks to work? The USB connector only powers the cc3d and the wizard tells you to connect and disconnect the battery at times, it needs to be connected for the transmitter setup part.

Those are the first couple of things I'd check.

Gegtor

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 12:28:24 pm »
You also can just plug servo to check receiver
Started from cc3d with open pilot now using naze32 with cleanflight

I want to help as many people as i can

RIP my english :D

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 12:11:29 pm »
Better late than never:

1. Confirm that your ia6b is bound to the actual used model on FS-i6 sender. You should see the current voltage of the receiver in the display of the sender..
2. Got to i6-Config-Menue and confirm that PPM is set off for the receiver of this model. The ia6b supports PPM (one signal) and PWM (many signals).
3. The channels of I6 are 1 for pitch, 2 for roll, 3 for throttle and 4 is yaw in mode2, you can check that in i6-main-menue. main-port of cc3d is not the same order, check your wires.

With that done, the wizard should get your input.

It is faster and more reliable to connect the ia6b to the flexiport of the cc3d. With GCS config first tab, you can set disable+oneshot for mainport and set flexiport to ppm. Set ppm on i6 config-menue for your model. The Wizard will not recognize this configuration, you must set the channels manual on config-input-tab of GCS. Select the right channels and ppm for pitch, roll, yaw, throttle and flightmode-switch. Use manual calibration to set the endpoints. Do this without props!

Hope that helps.