Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
HK 30A ESC UBEC running BLHeli 14.4
10x4.5 Propellers
DJI Naza clone Ublox M8N GPS

carbo

Re: First WayPoints
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 10:36:48 am »
Nice, I haven't done waypoints in a long time. Though I had a real and successful RTH situation when I lost video link last week.

zukenj

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 04:31:44 am »
Thanks. I will do a longer and better waypoints flight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
10x4.5 Propellers

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 04:56:44 pm »
Just raising a little concern that you might keep in mind.  Not cussing you out.  :)

You seem to have a well built, well calibrated, well configured quad.  Anything less could cause a flight deviation or fly-away.  Even the best quad can be subject to unexpected issues.  DJI Phantoms are an industry standard where the quad, the components, the wiring, etc. are all carefully selected, matched, tested together before the user touches it.  Youtube is full of videos of where even this failed.  Our stuff requires the user to handle all that design, building, configuration, and testing, and a single user probably won't do as good a job as a dedicated team with a big budget, trying to get one quad flying safely.

Regardless of what brand of quad you fly, if there are other people around it's important to keep the transmitter in hand in case there is an issue you need to correct.  :)

Having been through some issues myself, I was a little afraid of what could happen if it went off course a bit.  Personally I would only let it do that if I had the transmitter in my hand and no people around.  Maybe the 5th successful time I would put the tx on the table to show the viewers that it was indeed flying itself.  Just as good is using a hat mounted camera and holding the transmitter in view of the camera to prove you are not flying it.  :)

zukenj

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 08:45:10 pm »
TheOtherCliff,

Sorry that I did not get back to you. I had been out for a while and did not read it until now, trying to fix an issue with the Gimbal and the quad weight.

I appreciated the advice, and promise to take it. Completely make sense. :-[

Thanks
FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
10x4.5 Propellers