Revolution with GPS config issue
« on: April 26, 2016, 12:58:11 pm »
I have a Revolution and have some trouble adding the GPS functionalities.

Here is my issue:
- The quad is flying nicely without GPS
- I can see the GPS coordinates once i connect GPS, the status indicator in LibrePilot shows GPS green
- I have calibrated the board including MAG, when outside MAG shows green status indicator as well
- I have set up GPS Assist in flight mode
- I have set GPS in attitude estimation algorithm

BUT

i see config errors so i cannot arm.

Any idea what i missed out? I attach the relevant screenshots.

tronn

Re: Revolution with GPS config issue
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 01:43:40 pm »
I have the same issus, Im wating for a new firmware release that should be released in January 2016, due to external magnotometer or something

zukenj

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 02:39:16 pm »
NoWayOut,

In Screen captured #1 and #2, I can see your Mag Red as well as GPS, and when you get a config error, normally is a wrong combination in flight mode and GPS Assistance.

What GPS are you using?
Does it have a Magnetometer?

FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
HK 30A ESC UBEC running BLHeli 14.4
10x4.5 Propellers
DJI Naza clone Ublox M8N GPS

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 08:07:50 pm »
Please select another GPS, NEMA / 9600bds is not a good idea for Assisted/Autonomous flight.

Mag should be perfectly calibrated and stay as Green alarm all time (with onboard Mag its difficult...)

There is CC3D boards and Revolution boards, "Revolution" is a Chinese invention

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 10:31:46 am »
NoWayOut,

In Screen captured #1 and #2, I can see your Mag Red as well as GPS, and when you get a config error, normally is a wrong combination in flight mode and GPS Assistance.

What GPS are you using?
Does it have a Magnetometer?

I am using the Ublox NEO-M8N, it does not have a Magnetometer.
The Mag and GPS are green as soon as i am outside, for the screenshots i connected the quad inside, so it had Mag and GPS issues.
The main issue is the config error where i don´t know why it happens.

Is there a way to access the GPS via the Revolution board to reconfigure it? Not sure how to access the GPS UART if not via the Revolution board as it has the specific connector for it. Could then set it to higher baud rate and UBX.

The board is the following:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__89563__OpenPilot_CC3D_Revolution_Revo_32bit_Flight_Controller_w_Integrated_433Mhz_OPLink.html
I assume it is the real revolution board?

Mateusz

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 11:13:44 am »
I am using the Ublox NEO-M8N, it does not have a Magnetometer.
The Mag and GPS are green as soon as i am outside, for the screenshots i connected the quad inside, so it had Mag and GPS issues.
The main issue is the config error where i don´t know why it happens.

Is there a way to access the GPS via the Revolution board to reconfigure it? Not sure how to access the GPS UART if not via the Revolution board as it has the specific connector for it. Could then set it to higher baud rate and UBX.

You should export your settings UAV file, if you have config error. Must be something in settings that you set incorrect and conflicts other option. If you start spinning motors, is the mag still green ? It is needed only 1s of both Mag and GPS to be green in order to obtain a lock and arm, however if both of them jump to orange it's not suitable for flying. That's why external mag is preferred.

P.S Can you change Stabilized 1 (bottom panel) from Rattitude, Ratitude, Rate to Atitude, Atitude, Axis lock, Manual and check if Config error is gone ?
I am not sure if Rate/Rattitude works with GPS assisted flight modes.

The board is the following:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__89563__OpenPilot_CC3D_Revolution_Revo_32bit_Flight_Controller_w_Integrated_433Mhz_OPLink.html
I assume it is the real revolution board?
There is no such thing as Revolution, the hardware design files are open, it's up to Chinese manufacturers to comply with original design. Person who made original design stopped producing boards and released files so anyone can make boards for own use. This is the case with every open-hardware flight controller. Librepilot project does not produce any hardware.
So if by "real" you mean complying to original design, you have to inspect the board or ask seller.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:17:30 am by Mateusz »

hwh

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 02:53:26 pm »
...Is there a way to access the GPS via the Revolution board to reconfigure it? Not sure how to access the GPS UART if not via the Revolution board as it has the specific connector for it. Could then set it to higher baud rate and UBX...

Your last screenshot shows the Configuration -> Hardware page.   Change the GPS from GPS/9600/NMEA to GPS/57600/UBX, click save, wait a minute for the settings to be saved on the board, and power cycle the revo.  Unless the GPS is bad or has been misconfigured manually the revo will reconfigure the gps the way it wants it as it boots up.  Remember you need a battery hooked up for the gps to work, it isn't powered through the USB connection.

As Mateusz said the best way for us to troubleshoot config errors is for you to post your uav config file.   With the revo connected go to File-> Export UAV settings.

There is a way to pass the gps connection through the revo to a com port on the pc but it shouldn't be necessary.  A screen shot of how is attached.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:03:49 pm by hwh »

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 01:38:27 am »
Thank you very much for the feedback.
I was able to change the GPS to UBX/57.6k successfully, worked as hwh suggested  :)

I also changed the flight modes to attitude / attitude / axis lock / manual, but the config error is still persistent.

I have attached my uav file. hope you can find something in it...

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 08:11:39 am »
You selected only one flight mode and this flight mode is tagged with GPSAssist.
So you cannot arm using a normal flight mode stabilized.

Calibrate your Mag or INS13/GPS Nav fusion algorithm never initialize due to a Red Mag alarm.
Be sure the Green Mag alarm still ok when motors are running.