Align M480L motors & Libre motor speed recs
« on: April 24, 2016, 06:03:56 pm »
hello, iv'e had so much trouble using the align equipment, i was turned on to the cc3d option, love all the features and tweaks that i have yet to learn, but my ? as of right now is.....since the Align motors are bigger than the standard Q-X motors, how do i determine my min speed and maximum speed, in the software 1900 is the max, but how do i determine my motor max rpm vs a standard motor

hwh

Re: Align M480L motors & Libre motor speed recs
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 08:22:58 pm »
Those numbers aren't rpm, they're pulse widths sent to the esc.  There shouldn't be any difference on the output tab just because you have bigger motors.  If you ran through the vehicle setup wizard those settings should be fine.

When you selected a uav to use as a pattern in the setup wizard did you select the one closest to your copter?  That sets up the initial tuning.  Most of the examples are smaller but there are a couple of 450 and 500 size ones in there.  They're just a starting point for tuning but the closer the one you pick is to your copter the better it will behave on the first flights before you tune it.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 09:30:41 pm »
ok thanks hwh, i had to choose a generic, because the Align is a 800mm frame, but if i'm correct and based on some testing, the lower the number getting my motors to start up upon initial throttle stick movement, still testing this theory, when i have the numbers (ex:1170) then the motors spin up quite quickly and want to take off way before i get to mid-stick, but then if i lower to like 1090 or 1106, but if your saying the motor size doesn't matter, then what's the avg low rate settings you guys are using

hwh

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 09:50:00 pm »
I don't know that there's an average, my H250 has a neutral setting of 1049, and min/max of 1000-1900.   The neutral setting is just where the motor just starts turning reliably.

If you want to change what throttle setting causes what motor speed that's on the vehicle tab on the far right, throttle curve.  By default it's a straight line 25% in 25% out.   You can bend the curve so that 25% in is only 15% out to slow the bottom end of the throttle for instance.  Just drag the balls around.  Don't forget to hit save at the bottom right when you're done.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 10:01:53 pm »
ok thanks alot