Roypw

Spektrum DXe 2nd model
« on: April 23, 2016, 03:46:28 am »
I have a Spektrum DXe radio which is bound to a SPM9645 receiver. Works fine. Now I have my 2nd quad ready to fly with the same receiver however I can't get the DXe to bind to it.  Receiver led flashing saying its in bind mode but following the bind procedure the DXe power light flashes briefly like it's in bind mode then goes solid but the receiver light does not stop flashing indicating no bind and using GCS I can confirm it is not.

Can the DXe handle 2 different quads/receivers and automatically connect to the one that is powered? Their manual and web site are worthless on this.

Anything I am doing wrong?  Followed procedure, receiver led flashing hold down DXe bind button and turn on power wait for receiver light to stop flashing.

Thanks

Roy

Roypw

Re: Spektrum DXe 2nd model
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 03:26:46 pm »
Does anyone know what the LED on the SPM9645 indicates?  Rapid flashing, like 3 or 4 per second indicates bind mode and I think it is on solid when bound and operational.  Mine is blinking slow, like 1  second?

Searched for hours even called tech support but can't find info, appreciate any help

hwh

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 03:51:00 pm »
I don't have one but the only thing I can find on slow blink on that receiver is:

Ok.Binding in DSMX or DSM2? What tx are you using? Its sounds like you powercycled the Rx without cycling the Tx.That will trigger the reboot detection in DSM2 mode.The reboot detection is slowblink though.About half the rate of the binding blinks.
from http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t716585p1/

Roypw

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 05:06:06 pm »
Interesting, tech support told me that the 9645 would handle up to something like 11 volts but couldn't tell me what slow blink indicated!  We actually had 5 volts instead of 3.3.  I jury rigged 3.3 to the 9645 and I was able to bind according to the Librepilot wiki procedure.  SO one thing slow blink indicates is 5 volts, probably anything outside the 3.3 volts +/- the tolerance.

Hope this may help someone else that is struggling with a VERY POORLY DOCUMENTED product - Spektrum DSMX satellite receivers and also their radio transmitter.  DO THE LIBREPILOT WIKI 3.3volt regulator setup.