450 quad with cc3d flipping at start
« on: April 16, 2016, 06:39:52 am »
Fellas, I have a 450 Chinese quad with Open pilot cc3d. Problem is, it tries to flip every time you
take off. Let's go back some time. I built quad, programmed it in open pilot, went through cc3d
one step at a time. Went to fly, started to flip. Took it to a model shop, had a fella look at it, he smiled and turned the board one turn, it flew perfectly. I flew next day and crashed, my fault.
Did a Lot of damage, broken arms, etc. Got new arms, reprogrammed quad, it wants to  flip.
Took it back to model shop, he told me, that board is bad. Replaced board, new motors, new
Props, still wants to flip. I watched Painless 360 on how to check everything on why it is flipping.
I did everything the video said to do. Still wants to flip. The only thing that I have not replaced
is the esc's and have new ones ordered. What gives. I am so frustrated I could just spit. If any
one has any solution, please post. Regards The Spudman

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: 450 quad with cc3d flipping at start
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 09:52:35 am »
Hi, welcome :)

Post pictures that show board, props..
Post your config file: File > Export UAV settings

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 02:15:10 am »
I think I have found the problem. One of my new motors is not working properly. I took props off
turned on transmitter, spun up the motors. 3 of the motors, when holding motors between thumb
and finger, spin just fine. The other motor with very little pressure on motor just stops. Plus the esc on the motor gets warm. The other 3 esc are cool. If this is the case, could this be why it wants to flip at startup. Frustrated The Spudman >:(

cato

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 02:30:30 pm »
Could also be the ESC. Did you switch ESCs?
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 05:14:31 pm »
That is my next change. It was flying so perfect until I crashed it. Now its just trying to eliminate
One thing at a time. The Spudman