Garry

Radio Setup on FlyingWing
« on: April 15, 2016, 07:47:37 pm »
When I use the 'radio wizard', it will not 'skip' detection of the 'yaw' channel.
When 'Elevons' are selected, the 'wizard' should allow skipping the 'yaw' channel and continue to completion.
Just like the 'aux' radio channels are processed.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Radio Setup on FlyingWing
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 08:17:01 pm »
You're right.

Then we can also allow Throttle skipping for pure glider :)

Since you have the Yaw stick you can use it, at least for arming.
All basic RC radio should have the Yaw channel also.

Garry

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 06:06:00 am »
f5soh,

I'm attempting to use a CC3D ATOM in a 60 sized glow powered stick.  I didn't want to run the throttle control through the ATOM, but I can't complete the 'Vehicle setup wizard' without the throttle.  Can this also be set up to allow skipping the step?

Where is the 'best' place to post my questions?  I'd like to be able to post issues I have and have someone review them to see if the development team might consider them for inclusion in the next releases.

If I want to use expo and set dual rates, do I still set them in the transmitter?  I have a Taranis and have been using the 3 position switches for triple rate settings.  The output tab allows me to use live testing and the servos seem to be only limited by the settings in the table.   

I guess I'm crazy to attempt using the ATOM in a glow powered aircraft. I'm not having a lot of success with all 4 channels being controlled by the ATOM.

Garry

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 12:56:52 pm »
There is no issue with you issues, really.

Do the Transmitter wizard and follow the steps like 24000 users already did before you.

If you want to connect directly the throttle to your receiver, no issue.
If the Yaw stick is not used, no issue.
But the Throttle is needed for arming. You need a minimal Throttle level that allow arming with the other "Arming setting" you choose.

You should keep all radio settings to defaults (no trims, no expo, no dual rates), if you want custom settings use Banks (there is 3 available) instead.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Advanced+tuning

Where is the 'best' place to post my questions?  I'd like to be able to post issues I have and have someone review them to see if the development team might consider them for inclusion in the next releases.

Take a look at the main page http://www.librepilot.org , all the useful links for the project are here.
The best place for questions is the forum.

Garry

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 05:53:21 pm »
f5soh,

Thanks for the reply.  I kind of figured out that the basic channels had to be used to get the vehicle wizard to properly set up the outputs' otherwise I did not have any servo functionality when I moved the transmitter sticks.

I have noticed one other thing; 'librepilot-gcs.exe has stopped working' error message.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   librepilot-gcs.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   01548590
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_beff
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   00000000
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   5d60689a
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   beff
  Additional Information 2:   beff8f1e95c6e24f933053247702ee3b
  Additional Information 3:   d101
  Additional Information 4:   d101c76d56c92edc35ec656cbbf08b52

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I disconnect from the CC3D ATOM and pull out the USB cable from my laptop and hit the 'X' in the upper right cormer and it usually crashes.  What am I doing wrong?  Do I need to use 'File' -> 'Exit'? Some other way of exiting the program?
I'm running Windows 7 Home with the latest updates.

Garry

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 07:00:26 pm »
I don't know what happens exactly, i don't use windows.
Sometimes a exit crash can occurs after playing under firmware tab and got unstable state about board.

You can start librepilot-gcs.exe from console with the '-log log.txt' and see program output inside log.txt file
Or debug crash using gdb

At least if you got the crash on exit instead while using it, that a good news.