Im comin from a KK mini and Im not impressed with this yet....

Ive done setup wizard about 38 times, all good, hit save, yadda yadda...

Change yaw to 180 since im mounted 180 degrees off (facing rear)

EDIT--- ******THIS SETTING DIDNT TAKE****** testing now. wants to level now.

Now the flips on takeoff are gone but bad oscillation and eventual flip and crash....

What am I missing?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:08:19 am by dwilson48625 »

jbarchuk

Re: FLIPS ON TAKEOFF. (FIXED) Now oscillates bad and flips on its own.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 03:46:15 am »
Now the flips on takeoff are gone but bad oscillation and eventual flip and crash....

What am I missing?

PID tuning

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 06:14:10 am »
I would be interested to know what your flying and what defaults you picked.  Most stock pids fly well enough to atleast cruise around with. Post your config file so we all know what your working with. If you picked a "generic" setting the I gain may be high enough that you get one or two hard oscillations then a "flip/crash". You could maybe bring all your PIdS down by half and try again.

It's easy to get frustrated and mad. Most of us have gone through this. With a little work and patience it will fly great.

Check out IBCrazy on you tube. "Videoaerialsystems" I think it's called. He has a video where he flys and explains tuning in some detail.

Painless360 has a video explaining pids as well.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 07:38:51 pm by NicholasDavid »
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

cato

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 11:23:49 am »
Hi dwilson48625,

first a very warm welcome on Librepilot. I am myself flying the CC3D and Revolution controller now for more than a year, so I am sure that we will be able to solve your problem.

First, I would like to know what kind of multicopter are you building? A photo and some specifications like, size, motors, ESCs, batteries, and your Flightcontroller would be very helpful.

As the copter takes off, basically everything could be ok already. What flightmode are you trying? attitude or rate or acro?
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 11:07:10 pm »
Hi dwilson48625,

first a very warm welcome on Librepilot. I am myself flying the CC3D and Revolution controller now for more than a year, so I am sure that we will be able to solve your problem.

First, I would like to know what kind of multicopter are you building? A photo and some specifications like, size, motors, ESCs, batteries, and your Flightcontroller would be very helpful.

As the copter takes off, basically everything could be ok already. What flightmode are you trying? attitude or rate or acro?

Sorry, I have been away from my computer for a couple days.

Im running a Hobbyking Robocat 270 with Afro 20a mini esc's and 2204 Multistar motors on 3000k Multistar batts.

And im confused on the Vehicle Setup Wizard. It goes all thru and the window pops up to chioose a preset model, which theres none that really fit, so I choose "Generic Multirotor". This seems to be a needless step as I just went thru all the esc setup etc etc. I watched a vid of a guy that was setting his up and his flew great, considering, it was an initial setup. I expect fine tuning, but it seems WAY outta whack.

Also, my motors 1,2 and 3 are on bank 1 and 4 is on bank 2. Is that right?

And yes, it oscillates 7-10 times, then flips. If it jacks my quad up, Imma be pissed.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:29:59 pm by dwilson48625 »

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 11:10:32 pm »

What am I missing?

PID tuning

Good little video BTW.

hwh

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 11:40:07 pm »
...Im running a Hobbyking Robocat 270 with Afro 20a mini esc's and 2204 Multistar motors on 3000k Multistar batts.
And im confused on the Vehicle Setup Wizard. It goes all thru and the window pops up to chioose a preset model, which theres none that really fit, so I choose "Generic Multirotor". This seems to be a needless step ...

Generic Multirotor is probably the worst choice, any of the 250s would probably be closer.  I'd look through the presets and see which is closest as far as size, motors, etc...

It's not a needless step, the wizard sets up your inputs, motors, and so on.  Choosing a preset model gives you an initial set of tuning paramaters to start with.  Whatever is in generic multirotor has to be way further off your quad than one of the other presets.

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 11:47:39 pm »
...Im running a Hobbyking Robocat 270 with Afro 20a mini esc's and 2204 Multistar motors on 3000k Multistar batts.
And im confused on the Vehicle Setup Wizard. It goes all thru and the window pops up to chioose a preset model, which theres none that really fit, so I choose "Generic Multirotor". This seems to be a needless step ...

Generic Multirotor is probably the worst choice, any of the 250s would probably be closer.  I'd look through the presets and see which is closest as far as size, motors, etc...

It's not a needless step, the wizard sets up your inputs, motors, and so on.  Choosing a preset model gives you an initial set of tuning paramaters to start with.  Whatever is in generic multirotor has to be way further off your quad than one of the other presets.

So I can choose another model and flash it?

Also, wheres the PID settings?

This is definately a hard program to get figured out for us new guys....

hwh

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 12:10:06 am »
It gets easier.

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Stabilization+Configuration shows the stabilization parameters and talks a little about them. 

There's a lot of good info in the wiki.  I'm not sure why but most people seem to miss seeing it.  Maybe because most web searches end up here in the forums instead of the wiki.

cato

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 01:13:29 am »
Maybe there would be a way to add the Wiki to the title line of the forum?

I agree, it's always a very good idea to read the wiki.

I'll try to help about some of the points:
I am not sure what you mean with your motors being on several banks. There are only banks in the Flight Mode settings, and those refer to different PID tuning sets.

The vehicle templates set a lot of parameters, as hwh already said, and will change the behavior of your quad significantly. The PIDs are a main part of that. You can test different templates by chosing Tools->Import template any time after you did the basic setup. Maybe finding a good template already solves the issue.

Another interesting info would be, how many S your batteries have. Your setup would suggest 3S for a beginner, and maybe 4S if you want to race it.

Generally your setup seems not a big problem, and I would have expected it to run kinda out of the box. Which flight controller are you using, Revolution or CC3D?
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

hwh

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 01:31:02 am »
...Also, my motors 1,2 and 3 are on bank 1 and 4 is on bank 2. Is that right?

I missed that question till cato pointed it out.  Yes, it's OK as long as the settings for both banks are the same.

@cato He's talking about at the top of the output tab, different channels are assigned to different hardware timers.

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 11:32:04 pm »
I tried most of the templates in the options. Most were horrible. Some were full throttle right off the bat. I finally got it to fly but only to have a wicked oscillation. Clearly Im doin something wrong because I even tried my friends setup from his 280 and same results.

Im now back on my kk mini (cc3d was an Atom) and atleast I can fly now with no wrecks. (Using 3s btw)

If someone builds a similar Robocat 270mm (Hobbyking) Id love to try your settings.

Appreciate all you guys chiming in. Im just gonna enjoy my KK till I get better and eventually upgrade to something with gps so I can loiter. Im not a fan of my drone just cruising away after a maneuver.

jbarchuk

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 09:08:43 am »
Ever get this fixed?

Full throttle on launch is either ESC or motor calibration.

Oscillation means PIDs need to be turned down.

The default settings aren't for first timers. Max pitch/roll angles should be turned down by 2/3.