cc3d only the orange led flashes
« on: April 09, 2016, 09:56:04 am »
After i connect my cc3d to the lipo or usb, only the orange led falsh all the time.
THe cc3d are not recognized via USB (Devicemanager) - Any ideas?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: cc3d only the orange led flashes
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 11:26:29 am »
Flashes like that all the time ?
What happens just after you connect, never rapid flash ?

If you see only one Tx bar, try reinstalling driver:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 12:50:14 pm »
When i connect the cc3d via usb, the orange led light for a short time. Then it's starts rapid flashing.
The board are not shown in the Windows Devicemanager.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 01:42:48 pm »
Try another cable

peikin

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 02:39:07 pm »
hello I have the same problem, I think orange led are in boards that are clones of the real cc3d, i have tried all to bring it to life but is impossible, I don't think what happen with my board, I used an FTDI cable and bridge the to pads with my finger and plug in in the usb of my pc, st flash demonstrator tool detect it and I could flash it with the firmware original from cc3d but it doesnt work too and I could realize that my board has 64K of flash not 128K like original so it can be the problem why it doesn't work, maybe clones has a light firmware of the original.

The problem with mine is when I want to save config to the cc3d from librepilot it stuck at 'preparing mixer settings'.

Any solution??

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 05:51:05 pm »
IF this is the problem:  Original firmware.  Maybe Google to find manufacturer and get from them.  Or just go to CleanFlight.  Sorry.

I would post a high res picture of your main chips: CPU and external flash chip.

peikin

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 02:10:45 am »
IF this is the problem:  Original firmware.  Maybe Google to find manufacturer and get from them.  Or just go to CleanFlight.  Sorry.

I would post a high res picture of your main chips: CPU and external flash chip.

i dont know what is the manufacturer but I solve the problem finally, but not with librepilot, with librepilot stuck when you save the config, it say preparing mixer settings and not continue.

Well so what I did is flash the bootloader of betaflight via ST flash demo tool in boot mode, connect the board via FTDI in boot mode (bridge spb and 3.3v) and flash betaflight, now is working perfectly and betaflight is better software, with librepilot motors started asynchronous but with betaflight all work perfectly. Thanks.

Alex H.

• Exploring Technologies!
    • ProTektWar
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 08:07:29 pm »
I have the same problem...
Very strange, on the laptop is working fine, but on desktop it's not working at all...
I can't run the Vehicle Setup Wizard on desktop.
On both laptop and desktop I have the same GCS version.
Best Regards,
Alex H.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 03:25:00 am »
That is often a driver issue.

did you try this?
Flashes like that all the time ?
What happens just after you connect, never rapid flash ?
If you see only one Tx bar, try reinstalling driver:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

I would uninstall and reinstall the GCS on the one that fails.  Make sure to leave the install options set to default values.  You can probably just reinstall GCS or just reinstall the USB driver in the GCS install.

Alex H.

• Exploring Technologies!
    • ProTektWar
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 07:43:21 am »
I would uninstall and reinstall the GCS on the one that fails.  Make sure to leave the install options set to default values.  You can probably just reinstall GCS or just reinstall the USB driver in the GCS install.

On the one where the board is not recognized, it a new install, and it has never been installed before. Could be that I did some other driver installation on the one that is working, but that was one year ago... Memory is not fresh at all. I will investigate the drivers.
Best Regards,
Alex H.

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 05:57:06 pm »
Drivers are built into the GCS install program and install by default.

At least in the old days under Windows, you had to be careful to avoid plugging in your new USB thing before installing the driver because answering the unknown hardware popup wrong would mean that it gets ignored from then on.  The solution was to uninstall the device that had the issue (exclamation mark in a triangle (!) IIRC) in Device Manager then install the driver.

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 07:32:06 am »
Led will flash because the voltage supplied to it is insufficient.

(This post had a link in it and appeared to be spam.  I removed the link but left the post in case it was an honest mistake.  We don't allow spam here.  -Cliff- )
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 07:22:04 pm by TheOtherCliff »