xfce

Do you have a plan to design an official LibrePilot hardware
« on: September 07, 2015, 05:09:04 am »
Recently I have redesigned the revo_nano from the code and some pictures

and it works

If you want to design an official LibrePilot hardware, I think I can have a try.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMyOTQxMjU0NA==.html?from=y1.7-2

xfce

Re: Do you have a plan to design an official LibrePilot hardware
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 06:42:08 am »
 ;D
I have rename my board, KylinNano ;D

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 09:07:40 am »
Sounds nice, I hope it also works nice ;-)
Always happy for some new modern hardware!

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 09:15:15 am »
Exciting. But.
Your board seems to be a 1:1 reverse engineered design from the Nano board. This is probably not even legal, and definitely not ok ethically due to copyright.

If you would come up with a compatible board of your own design I guess it would be ok though. And if you do I have some ideas about how to improve it to make it easier to put in a case etc. And is it not time to remove the clunky servo headers from a board as small as that?

/F
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:51:06 am by m_thread »

xfce

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 09:56:29 am »
 Actually, I have consider to use your revonano's case(I remember it's designed by you) as the PCB's board-outline,
like the attached picture, and then cut to the small one, the three holes only used to fix the nano to frame, and they can be cut down to put in your case ;D

mazevx

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 08:28:41 pm »
I think m_thread is right and nobody wants to get in trouble but I am sure you are able to redesign it as he said and make it a bit better...
Whats about integrating an ubec? Would help a lot for small copters and also you can make sure the FC gets powered nice and clean...only an idea from my side!

xfce

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 11:44:00 am »
Exciting. But.
Your board seems to be a 1:1 reverse engineered design from the Nano board. This is probably not even legal, and definitely not ok ethically due to copyright.

If you would come up with a compatible board of your own design I guess it would be ok though. And if you do I have some ideas about how to improve it to make it easier to put in a case etc. And is it not time to remove the clunky servo headers from a board as small as that?

/F
Yes, you are right.
it's a clone of revo nano, only the size and value of Resistors and Capictors are different. :(
I post these only want to show some skill of hardware, and maybe I can do something for the LibrePilot hardware.  :)

Brian

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 06:00:06 pm »
You can find a board that I designed here: http://www.briannwebb.us/.  I actually have a newer design that uses some smaller components, and has all the components on the top of the board.  I think I designed the first versions of this board when I was still on the OP project.

The board is 24x24 mm, and has 20mm hole spacing, which is the same size that's used by some of the inexpensive nano quads.  I also designed a 15mm square "IMU" board that has the sensors and the 48 pin QFN F4 MCU.  It brings most of the MCU pins out on a tiny connector.

My goal was to build a small FC that could be paired with similar sized board for different applications.  So far I've designed a radio / IO board that has an OPLink radio and additional IO, and a "brushed motor" board that includes drivers for brushed motors and a 1S battery charger.

Mostly I've been struggling with where the dividing line should be between e.g. the FC and the expansion boards.  The current design has a fully functional FC, with similar capabilities to the Revo (without the radio) in a much smaller package, but the number of pins exported from the MCU is pretty small, so most expansion boards would require another MCU.  Another idea would be to have less connectors on the FC, and route the additional IO lines to an expansion connector so that you would have a better chance of building an expansion board that uses the FC MCU.

I would love to brainstorm some ideas on designing a small FC.

ArnhemAnt

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 10:57:17 pm »
Sounds exciting.
If you do what you need, you’re surviving. If you do what you want, you’re living.

mazevx

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 04:52:51 pm »
Sounds pretty nice! I wonder that so many build the boards very small and I cant see filter capacitors and buffers.  Clean vcc is very important... ;-) it can reduce jitter and many more. So My wish is to take care of that.

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2015, 03:03:38 am »
I would love to see one designed in a way you can add pins similar to a CPU so it can be plugged into an expansion board.

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 02:43:09 am »
That's some very clever work.

Did anyone get back to you about producing them for Librepilot. I would really love to buy a few.

I fried the only Revo Nano that i had and there isn't really anything else that compares.