cc3d not powering radio rx PLEASE HELP
« on: March 31, 2016, 04:57:50 am »
I am setting up a cc3d and am not getting any power to the radio rx.  I have the output setting for the receiver port set to pwm no oneshot. I am using a spektrum ar6210 receiver. I know the receiver works because I can plug an extra esc i have into the throttle spot on the rx and get it to power. But when I plug it into the board using the breakout cable I get nothing. I have tried two separate breakout cables, both of which are new, so I dont think that is the problem. I am not getting the receiver to light up when I plug power into the quad so that is what is making me think I am not getting any power to it.  Any suggestions?

hwh

Re: cc3d not powering radio rx PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 05:13:11 am »
The cc3d doesn't do anything with the power, it just passes it from whatever port you plug the 5 volts into over to the other ports on the board.

Some people think plugging in USB will power other things plugged into the cc3d, it doesn't, USB only powers the cc3d itself.  Everything else has to be powered by a battery the same as when it's in flight.

If that's not your problem please post more info or pictures of how everything is wired.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 04:58:42 pm »
I am at work now and dont have any pictures, but I have the radio rx wired using the provided breakout cable that had all the individual servo wired for each channel. It is plugged into the main receiver port on the board. The board is getting power from the main power pack through the esc's. I have had it wired up like this in the past and I cant figure out why it isnt working now. From what I thought I knew I was thinking the radio rx also got its power through the board from the esc's as well.

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 05:00:11 pm »
So I am not getting by radio rx powered up when I plug the main battery pack into the quad, it powers the board up but it seems like the board is not passing the power through the receiver port to the receiver.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 10:36:07 pm »
Here are a couple pics of how it is wired. I have the receiver connected to the board using the breakout chord that came with the board. It is connected to the main receiver port of the cc3d. I have flown with this wiring setup before so I feel like this should be working. The receiver should be getting power through the board from the esc which is being powered by the battery. Whats up?

ernstock

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 10:56:34 pm »
Is the breakout cable the 8 lead one - I would unplug it and have a good look at the pins in the cc3d  ( magnifying glass )
Ive had similar happen when I've managed to damage/bend the small pins slightly when connecting plug.
Also , as discussed in another thread , that 8 pin plug can be barely a millimetre 'out' and the RX doesn't receive power.

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 05:38:25 am »
Is the breakout cable the 8 lead one - I would unplug it and have a good look at the pins in the cc3d  ( magnifying glass )
Ive had similar happen when I've managed to damage/bend the small pins slightly when connecting plug.
Also , as discussed in another thread , that 8 pin plug can be barely a millimetre 'out' and the RX doesn't receive power.

It is the 8 lead cable, and I tried two different ones. so I dont think the cable is bad. Looking at the connector on the board I am not seeing anything out of place or bent either. 

Aner

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 06:38:08 am »
Hi
And the black ground cable is connected to the reciever, I assume?
It's too dark in the picture for me to see in that area. I can see it follows along the red and white cable, but not if it's following  all the way to the reciever input terminal?

/Aner
/Aner

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 11:25:08 pm »
Hi
And the black ground cable is connected to the reciever, I assume?
It's too dark in the picture for me to see in that area. I can see it follows along the red and white cable, but not if it's following  all the way to the reciever input terminal?

/Aner

Yes all three red white and black are plugged into the throttle position on the receiver.

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 09:49:07 am »
This is my old PWM RX still set up. If it helps or not.

It's for a turnigy 9x.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

Aner

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 07:19:37 pm »
Ok, then n it's a bit strange. I'm sure you have measured the output voltage so you can be sure that there isn't a broken Rx...
/Aner