Oscillation Question
« on: March 30, 2016, 08:29:11 pm »
Hello.  I'm a bit new to this. Please bare with me. 

Problem: Quad will lift off and hover, but will start to wobble/oscillate, then wants to bank/pitch right, more so than what trimming could fix.  This can be sporadic, i.e., it's not a steady wobble, but will come and go frequently while the quad is in the air.

FC: CC3D using GCS

I've gone through the hardware wizard and verified my quad is level using GCS. I've updated the firmware and ran the hardware wizard again. Still does the same thing.

I've looked into fine tuning PIDs and have found that oscillation can be caused by these settings.  My question is, is this possibly a PID adjustment issue, or is something else going on?  I ask because it's sporadic and I would think if it were a PID adjustment that it would be consistent oscillations.

Thanks for any help.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Oscillation Question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 09:23:44 pm »
Never use trims with Attitude in your radio = What happens if you switch to Rate mode later ?

- Add filtering in Attitude tab
- Reduce vibrations: adhesive foam, balance props...

Accelerometers do not like vibrations and go crazy and finally compute a bad attitude state.

If you want to test, connect board to Gcs and monitor attitude looking at PFD while motors are running.
Maintain firmly frame on ground and put usb cable and fingers away from props.
Play with Throttle and look what happens on PFD.

Be safe :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 09:28:05 pm by f5soh »

Re: Oscillation Question
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 04:39:28 pm »
Sounds to me like your "P-Gain" is set too low.