Using OP CC3D ESC/Servo outputs for lights question
« on: March 23, 2016, 10:19:11 pm »
I have a FlySky i6 Tx with it's ia6 Rx and an OP CC3D.  I also have this light kit that I'm trying to set up: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__90771__Quanum_Quadcopter_Navigation_LED_Light_System.html

The kit is actually very simple as it only requires connection to an available channel on an Rx, however, I only have 6 channels and all of them connect to the CC3D receiver input, so I don't have an available channel on my Rx.

I thought that maybe I could run the lights off of the CC3D ESC output - there are 6, and only 4 are used for the motors. In LibrePilot I made the following configurations, all under the Configuration tab:
  • I connected the lights to the 6th set of output pins in the CC3D - black, red, and white are in the correct positions
  • Under Vehicle / Custom tab, I enable Ch 6 and set the type to Accessory 0
  • Under Input I set Accessory0 to PWM on Channel 6. It has a min and neutral value of 1000 and a max of 2000 (I still do not know what these numbers actually represent, and have asked under General Discussion). When I toggle the switch on my remote, I can see it respond in GCS, so I know that part works.
  • Under the Output section, Accessory0 shows on #6, bank 4, with a min value of 1000 and max 500 (don't understand this) and it's set to Reversed

I don't know if this is the way to do it, but I figured I'd try.  Regardless, it doesn't work. Can anyone assist me with connecting these lights either in the above manner, or perhaps a better way?  Being a newb, and ignorant, I tried to measure the pins on the CC3D, where my lights were connected, and toggle the switch, and I saw no change in voltage, but I'm not even sure what to look for on the signal pin.  The voltage on black and red is 5 v.

Connecting my quad and flashing the CC3D with LibrePilot was a milestone after several attempts... making these lights work will be HUGE! 

Thanks for any assistance.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Using OP CC3D ESC/Servo outputs for lights question
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 10:26:55 pm »
No need to edit the custom tab, thats the old way now.

Better use the mapping feature under the vehicle tab, craft still recognized as a Quadcopter.

You can use the same method as buzzer described here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Adding+a+buzzer+to+Multirotor+frame

Output should be set with min=1000 and Max=2000, maybe neutral at 1500 if multiples modes ?

Re: Using OP CC3D ESC/Servo outputs for lights question
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 10:48:11 pm »
OMG! That worked!! So excited!  Thanks so much!