No fix for OP GPS
« on: March 22, 2016, 11:19:42 am »
Hello,
I have buy this OP GPS GPS LINK. After following this tutorial:

I haven't any fix of the GPS. How can I do for put it work ?

Thanks for futur reply.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: No fix for OP GPS
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 12:27:12 pm »
Board used ?

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 01:12:43 pm »
Board used ?
Hi, i have the normal CC3D

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 01:40:11 pm »

CC3D has quite limited memory, horse power and does not come with all sensors needed for full navigation, for those reasons I think full navigation is not implemented in firmware for those targets. CC3D is a great flight controller, but for racing, so full navigation is not supported. If you connect GPS, its only used for telemetry.

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 01:44:38 pm »

CC3D has quite limited memory, horse power and does not come with all sensors needed for full navigation, for those reasons I think full navigation is not implemented in firmware for those targets. CC3D is a great flight controller, but for racing, so full navigation is not supported. If you connect GPS, its only used for telemetry.

Ok, but i have an OSD, how can have a fix for the GPS ?

Mateusz

No fix for OP GPS
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 01:55:26 pm »

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 02:22:12 pm »

hwh

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 02:27:58 pm »
Unless they've changed the design since the one I purchased they're not compatible with the cc3d boards, they only work with revo boards.  It has no flash memory so you can't save the configuration changes necessary to make it work with a cc3d. By default it outputs NMEA sentences and the cc3d requires ublox.  The revo auto configures the gps every time it boots up so it works with them.

In theory you could get it to work for a flight by hooking it up to power, letting the battery charge up, hook it to u-center, configure it for a cc3d, and the move it to the copter.  It would probably work until the battery ran down (a few hours without power?) but that's just not practical.

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 02:37:13 pm »
Unless they've changed the design since the one I purchased they're not compatible with the cc3d boards, they only work with revo boards.  It has no flash memory so you can't save the configuration changes necessary to make it work with a cc3d. By default it outputs NMEA sentences and the cc3d requires ublox.  The revo auto configures the gps every time it boots up so it works with them.

In theory you could get it to work for a flight by hooking it up to power, letting the battery charge up, hook it to u-center, configure it for a cc3d, and the move it to the copter.  It would probably work until the battery ran down (a few hours without power?) but that's just not practical.

Thanks for your reply, so it will not work, whatever I will do ?

hwh

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 02:44:11 pm »
There's not much you can do with it on a cc3d.  If you can, try to return it to the seller, their web pages talking about "Revolution" are misleading.  It makes people think they're talking about a cc3d when a "Revolution" is actually a clone of the revolution board.

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 02:53:33 pm »
There's not much you can do with it on a cc3d.  If you can, try to return it to the seller, their web pages talking about "Revolution" are misleading.  It makes people think they're talking about a cc3d when a "Revolution" is actually a clone of the revolution board.

Yes, i will try, any link for a gps for the "basic" CC3D ? (small one if it's possible)

Thank you

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 09:45:23 pm »
i don't know other small Gps size with config storage capabilities, sorry.

aa8mc

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 02:27:05 am »
There is also an issue with legacy CC3D and GPS in that it cannot "auto config" the GPS.  You will have to  use a USB to UART converter like an FTDI Basic board to manually configure the baud rate and messages sent by the board.  Painless 360 has a fantastic video on YouTube that explains the whole process.
F450 Quad Clone
Outrunner1000KV Motors
HobbyWing FlyFun 30A ESCs
1045 Props
Telemetry via OP Link
FlySky FS-i6 transmitter w/ 10 channel mod
Sparky2 Flight controller
HobbyAce UBLOX 6M GPS
Running LibrePilot next branch
MinimOSD
FlySight Spexman FPV Goggles
Floureon 5500mAh LiPos

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 05:14:33 pm »
There is also an issue with legacy CC3D and GPS in that it cannot "auto config" the GPS.  You will have to  use a USB to UART converter like an FTDI Basic board to manually configure the baud rate and messages sent by the board.  Painless 360 has a fantastic video on YouTube that explains the whole process.
hi, you talk about this one ?

i have follow and still not work. maybe i will retry ?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 05:38:50 pm »
Look this page:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Configure+a+GPS+for+CC3D

and this one, just follow step carefully.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Setup+a+CC3D+for+GPS

Also remember this small GPS you use do not store config, you may need to redo the UCenter config every time you use the Quad :)
It can work but lost config after some (short) time

Like this one: