LibrePilot-15.09+r498-g9e6989d Drone Problems again!!!
« on: March 16, 2016, 02:41:21 am »
So finally after getting my OSX to build the next branch as listed in the title.
Software works great by the way.

Now I understand this is a beta build but it did do the same thing in the 15.09 release
I set out to see if my drone would fly in INS13 mode with LibrePilot-15.09+r498-g9e6989d

Short answer is NO! every-time I try to take off in INS13 the 250 lifts up and rolls over into the grass.
Also to make matters worse my little drone nearly went through my glass window of my house when I accidentally flicked the position hold button I had setup up on my controller.

I go back to basic and it fly's in manual no problems, hovers around nicely 

I found after updating to the beta, my internal board mag started showing better health, my NazaMag is not so good so i disabled it and just using the on-board one.

I have included some picture, after the crash I re-calibrated all the sensors on my drone and left it on my level board outside, the included pics of the GSC are while it is in this position.

Hopefully someone has has this issue and is able to chime in with some wisdom.
Thanks guys 

Re: LibrePilot-15.09+r498-g9e6989d Drone Problems again!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 04:26:32 am »
I had faced the same issue at my micro quad .
I retried Mag calibration any times , but AUX MAG was not good .
I resolved this issue by this procedure .

1. Export UAV setting .(file→export uav settings...)
2. Erase and Upgrade firmware .
3. Import UAV setting . (file→import uav settings...)
4. Calibrated mag sensor .

Sorry my poor English .

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 10:21:28 am »
The answer is simple, whatever the GCS version you cannot fly with onboard mag on a small frame.... nothing about black magic.

You need to calibrate/use your auxmag.
Mount the GPS attached firmly and with the good orientation (in picture gps is not oriented fine)

Set Mag source to "Both"
Calibrate, you can use the "Magnetometer dance" (search on Youtube)

If calibration is fine you should get green alarms for both Mag, at least when steady on ground without motor running.
Now adjust auxmag orientation on Gcs and monitor the three sliders: need to be close to 0 all times while moving frame.

Post your config file, maybe something weird. File > Export Uav settings.

cato

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 01:50:19 pm »
I can see that your mag does not point straight forward, but at an angle. Could it be that the GPS ist not fixed in it's direction and can move around? It should be well fixed with the arrow pointing forward. If it can move, whenever it moves, you would need to recalibrate the mag.

Also it seems like your stand has only one screw to fix it. I had one of those stands, and never got a straight position or a reliable flight behavior with that one. I would definitely suggest to use a stand which can be mounted with at least two screws.
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

aa8mc

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 01:58:45 am »
Make sure you set your mag rotation properly.  I have been told that most external mags require 180,0,0 (pitch,roll,yaw), which is NOT the default.  Read Cliffs implementation notes in the Weird Mag readings thread.
F450 Quad Clone
Outrunner1000KV Motors
HobbyWing FlyFun 30A ESCs
1045 Props
Telemetry via OP Link
FlySky FS-i6 transmitter w/ 10 channel mod
Sparky2 Flight controller
HobbyAce UBLOX 6M GPS
Running LibrePilot next branch
MinimOSD
FlySight Spexman FPV Goggles
Floureon 5500mAh LiPos