telnoi

roadmap / release schedule
« on: March 08, 2016, 04:10:50 pm »
Hi all,

I am currently deciding what direction to go with my current multirotor build.

Considering that LibrePilot is the only firmware that properly supports the Revo Nano, I would love to know if you could share anything in regards to the release schedule of LibrePilot. Looking at the repo, I noticed that a few interesting changes were added to airmode, making it safer to use.

In addition, it was mentioned that the flight performance will be improved by reducing look-up times.

Since the Revo Nano's form factor is far from ideal and betaflight is implementing several improvements (oneshot 42 support, voltage dependent PID scaling, airmode improvements) I am wondering if I should stick with the revo nano or just to replace it with something else. Is there something in the pipeline worth waiting for (target racequads)?

Re: roadmap / release schedule
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 05:32:00 am »
If you mean hardware, you should know that LibrePilot doesn't design, make, or sell hardware.

We really need to get next release released.  There are some changes that will help racers, but there are a lot of new, non-race features and improvements too.

telnoi

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 08:09:09 am »
Thanks for the reply. No, I meant software features.
Update. I have replaced the Revo Nano with a Revo clone and am now running Raceflight with Multishot.
A great combo, though it still misses many features.
Awesome things:
-My current PIDs will work with wide variety of props.
-Stable across the entire throttle range, even without TPA
-Super precise. Hard to describe, but the response to stick input is insane (nothing to do with rates)
-Disarm is instant. Important when landing with always stabilised turned on. Perhaps by biggest gripe with LP.

I do realize that LP has a bigger target group in mind, not just the miniquads. Seeing all the recent developments, navigation etc. is probably the strength of LP. I will revisit it when building my first wing.

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 11:34:05 am »
Awesome things:
-My current PIDs will work with wide variety of props.
-Stable across the entire throttle range, even without TPA
-Super precise. Hard to describe, but the response to stick input is insane (nothing to do with rates)
-Disarm is instant. Important when landing with always stabilised turned on. Perhaps by biggest gripe with LP.
Yes, I think that all race oriented optimizations make PIDs more hardware tolerant, aka you can accept default PIDs with many different hardware configurations, although I am convinced that PIDs should always be optimized if you change the hardware configuration.
In regard Disarm is instant, you can make so in OP/LP too: System > Settings > FlightModeSettings > DisarmingSequenceTime and set to a lower value. Default is 1000 mS. I always set it to 50.