jtrout19

Revolution and minimOSD
« on: March 07, 2016, 02:43:57 am »
This is the product I bought off of amazon. I purchased it before I knew that CC3D was different from Revolution.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017DD9JYE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Anyway it is hooked up and working someone. What is the deal with the greenbar at the bottom and how can I program this thing for what I want to be on the screen. Also is the Revolution going to support this osd? Thanks guys. Here is a picutre of what it is doing currently.

hwh

Re: Revolution and minimOSD
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 03:03:33 am »
There's no difference in the osd hardware for cc3d/revo. That board is pretty much the standard, comodity osd board.  It should be fine if you follow the instructions in the wiki at
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/MinOPOSD+setup

I'm not sure about the green screen, maybe a NTSC camera with the osd set to PAL or vice versa?  The wiki explains how to hook it up and configure it.

jtrout19

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 03:29:30 am »
right on thank you. I found that wiki about 30 minutes after posting this post. Now that I know a CC3D is not a Revolution google is not getting confused and is actually working better....lol

jtrout19

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 06:22:16 am »
Ok that is going for the most part. I figured I would ask about this. I am using a laptop as a my primary display for FPV video. I am using an Easycap clone. That being said. I have three settings in my capture device for NTSC those are NTSC-M, NTSC-MJ, NTSC-433. The first two only read 525 lines therefore cutting off part of the bottom of the screen. NTSC-433 gives me a full picture but only in monochrome. Any of the PAL settings give me a full screen with color. Anyone know what that is about I do not mind using PAL. There is going to be a secondary video cam for better video. I got a Polaroid cube to attach.

Also if i head over to the system tab in the GCS and scroll down OSDSettings is greyed out. Any idea on why this is. Is the configuration of the OSD by the FC automatic. It doesn't say anything about OSDSettings in the wiki guide. Figured I would ask. Thanks for the help to far guys!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 09:38:56 am »

Also if i head over to the system tab in the GCS and scroll down OSDSettings is greyed out. Any idea on why this is. Is the configuration of the OSD by the FC automatic. It doesn't say anything about OSDSettings in the wiki guide. Figured I would ask. Thanks for the help to far guys!

If Wiki doesn't say something about OSDSettings inside UAVOBrowser you can consider is not related.
OSDSettings refers to a Openpilot OSD prototype.

jtrout19

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 03:34:13 pm »
Sounds good then. Do i need to select hkosd for flexiport which is where i have the osd plugged into?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 03:55:46 pm »
OSD need a port with telemetry @57600bauds, nothing more.

OsdHK refers at something i didn't know :)

jtrout19

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 06:05:09 am »
Ok so just set flexi port to telemetry

jtrout19

Ublox m8n with minimosd
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 06:33:44 pm »
Quick question. If minimosd has to be connect to flexiport. Then the m8n would be connected to mainport? Am i correct? Insaw a post about having to have the m8n connect to both ports that is why i am asking

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 06:44:01 pm »
You can configure Mainport as Telemetry and FlexiPort as GPS, or contrary FlexiPort as Telemetry and MainPort as GPS

For Revo board another option is the receiver port (flexi_IO) as telemetry.

jtrout19

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 07:29:33 pm »
Alrighty. If you used the flexi_io for telemetry what would you connect your reciever too?

jtrout19

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 09:57:18 pm »
Ahh ok cool Looks like to need to purchase my new receiver sooner rather than later

jtrout19

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2016, 12:47:25 am »
Just wanted to let everyone know that i have everything working great. Its tuned to the point where it is nice to fly. I still have to do a fine tuning.