jtrout19

Revolution and OPlinkmini
« on: March 06, 2016, 11:33:27 pm »
For some reason after switching to LibrePilot GCS I cannot get my oplink mini to connect to my Revo or vis versa. I have set device id in the revo to match the oplink mini's device ID and duplicated the settings of each to match. Any ideas on what is going on would be great thanks!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Revolution and OPlinkmini
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 11:53:59 pm »
Please post Oplink tab screenshots from both sides.

jtrout19

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 12:17:31 am »
This is the Revolution Side

This is the Oplinkmini Side

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 12:32:47 am »
Try setting baudrate to 57600 and lower the power for now, no need 100mW.

Oplink connected to computer, how is powered the revo ?

jtrout19

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 12:53:51 am »
Yes oplink is connected to computer. Revo is powered by battery. Ive also tried powering it though another USB On a different computer. I will try those things give me about 5 minutes

jtrout19

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 01:02:23 am »
No dice on the lowering of power or raising of the baud. I even tried doing them separate and then together. This is kind of frustrating!

jtrout19

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 01:38:51 am »
It looks the exact same. The orange LED on the mini does flash when I have it plugged in. Its like a flash where the light is already on and solid but just get brighter really quick and then goes back to normal

jtrout19

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 01:54:41 am »
In the picture of the revolution at the bottom you can see the power meters for the TX and RX. Why is the RX in the red and the TX barely has two bars?

hwh

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 02:08:49 am »
You mean the one below?   It's not power it's data sent/received.  The computer normally sends way less than the telemetry it's receiving.

hwh

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 02:30:47 am »
I hate to ask the obvious but you do have antennas attached to both the revo and oplink? I know it sounds stupid to ask but it has happened  :)

I just did an upgrade and erase on both a revo and an oplink to wipe all their settings.

To get them to connect I plugged in the oplink with the revo powered down, set the power to 25mw, left the baud rate at the default 38400, checked coordinator, clicked save at the bottom of the page, gave it a minute to make sure the settings were saved, unplugged the oplink, gave linux (I'm on a linux box) a minute to disconnect and the oplink config screen went away.  Plugged in the oplink again, went to the oplink config page, verified the settings were still there, wrote down it's device ID, and unplugged the oplink again.

I plugged in the revo, went to the oplink config page, set the power to 25mw, left the baud rate at the default 38400, filled in the coordinator ID with the 8 digit device ID from the oplink, made sure coordinator wasn't checked, clicked save at the bottom, gave it a minute, and unplugged the revo.

I then plugged the oplink back into the computer and powered up the revo with a battery.  After a minute or so everything connected.

edit:  another thing, when you switched to LibrePilot did you do a firmware "upgrade" or an "upgrade & erase"?   If you don't do the erase it doesn't always work right.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:36:29 am by hwh »

jtrout19

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 03:28:07 am »
I am going to feel really really stupid admitting this.......but the antenna on the Revolution was not connected.......some times it is the most obvious things. But now I am worried about the Revolution being messed up. I am going to start over with the damn antenna connected and proceed from there I will let you guys know how it turns out. I feel to freaking stupid right now! First time in my RC history that I have forgot to attach an antenna and Ive been into this hobby for 12 years now.

hwh

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 03:33:48 am »
We all overlook the obvious at times.  I couldn't tell you how many times I've plugged a FC into usb on the bench and couldn't figure out why the attached gps wasn't working. (Hint: usb only powers the board, the gps needs the battery connected.)  I always feel like an idiot when I do that.   ;D

jtrout19

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 03:38:45 am »
So is the RF circuitry for the OPlink in the Revolution fried at this point. I still cannot get a connection with everything correct at this point. Only thing left to do is erase the Revolution and start over.

jtrout19

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 03:35:55 pm »
Ive tried resetting everything and starting from scratch. Still cannot get it to connect. Im thinking i might have to buy a new flight controller

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 03:56:54 pm »
Or replace the RFM22b module