obor

CC3D Atom: ESC do not initialise
« on: February 25, 2016, 12:04:21 am »
Hi,
May be some one can help me, I am not sure this is a bug or a bad configuration...

Since I installed librepilot on a CC3D Atom, I can't arm the motors , until  I connect a PC to the Atom !

As soon as  the PC start to communicate with the Atom, then the ESC BLHeli  complete their  intialisation sequence (good PWM signal received) and motor can start.
If I just connect to power, then the ESC only emit few bips and then stops. Then it is impossible to start the motor.

I tried several times to redo  the complete initialisation of hardware, including ESC calibration, but nothing worked.

Any idea ?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D Atom: ESC do not initialise
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 12:34:25 am »
Faulty hardware, maybe ?

Is the board booting while powered without USB ?
Post a picture that show how you wired Atom.

obor

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 12:37:39 am »
Well after doing some search on Internet, it looks I am not alone having this problem....
For unknown reason, the atom cannot boot with a SBUS signal coming in from a X4R.
See comment on hobbyking product page:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__75571__CC3D_Atom_OpenPilot_Flight_Control_Board_Authorized_Horizontal_Pins_.html

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 12:53:48 am »
Yes, crappy hardware.
I'm pretty sure this Atom do not follow original pcb design.
Look attached files and compare.

Is the board booting while powered without USB ?
Post a picture that show how you wired Atom.

My previous post still valid, led blinking while you use external power (no usb) ?

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 01:17:35 am »
I recently turned in a bug report for a similar issue:  Nano (at least) won't boot with default settings if a signal is coming in on the first signal pin (at least).  The connection to battery is that receiver is only powered (and thus producing a signal) if battery is plugged in.  Work around is to disconnect the receiver connector until you have configured it for the signal.

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/browse/LP-246