FVT usb link software?
« on: February 29, 2016, 03:45:53 pm »
Hello does anybody hav or know where to find the usb drivers for the FVT usb_link v1.1 thats used to update the FVT littlebee esc. I looked everywhere and also contacted FVT but no answer. Its been deleted from the fvt homepage, from bangood and also from hobbyking file section. please if you have it let me know. Thanks

Re: FVT usb link software?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 04:13:27 pm »
I'm not sure. Doesn't the blheli suite updated to 14.4 and the little bee linker do all that for you?  I'm about to do this same process. I'll keep u updated
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

Mateusz

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 04:21:50 pm »
I'm not sure. Doesn't the blheli suite updated to 14.4 and the little bee linker do all that for you?  I'm about to do this same process. I'll keep u updated

I installed Windows 10 in virtual machine and Litte Bee linker works just fine with BLHeli 14.4. Be aware that you can't flash/configure SiLabs (so LitteBee ESC) without SiLabs linker, such as LitteBee linker. In other words, you can't use Atmel linker (such as Afro ESC linker), it wont work.

P.S I didn't need any drivers on Windows.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 04:41:26 pm by Mateusz »

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 04:49:05 pm »
Yeah that's what I though. On Windows and latest updated blheli(support for littlebees 14.04) and the littlebee linker should link up just fine. With the right linker. Drivers should be in blheli 14.4

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 07:23:59 pm »
Thanks guys it worked out great you need no drivers like you said with blheli 14.4(14401). just put your fvt linker in the usb, connect the the esc signal and ground and connect you flightpack. select sitlabs usb/com and click connect then read setup no problems thanks alot! my Little bee 30A's had blheli14,3 with dampned light disabled and motor timing set at medium, I changed it to Dampned Light and medium high timing. I run 2700kv(dys 2205) motors so I guess even high would be okay, right?

ernstock

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 07:54:07 pm »
And on a side note - take care of using Fpv gear - I have blown two cameras on a little bee set up and have now de selected damped light ( didn't really enjoy it anyway ) and fitted a capacitor / lc filter(?) to the VTX and camera supply.

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 08:40:00 pm »
I would like to know how in the world that happened?  Using a pololu or other 5v regulator for the flight cam. And a seperate 5v source for the FC I don't see how littlebees could effect your camera. I don't understand how dampened light settings on the esc could in any way effect or interact with your FPV cam. They should both be getting power from the power distribution board but ones direct soldered and the other either comes from an extra esc with a bec or something like a pololu 5v step down. Dampened light works great for slowing the motors down inverted or for flips or just for quick altitude changes. It's not needed granted but it's cool to show people how fast your motors can start and stop right?  If your regulator is part of your VTx I would check that vtx and make sure it's sending a true, and clean 5v to your camera if that's what it needs. The immersion RC v3 vtx properly filter for 4s to 5v for the fatshark cameras. Some of the knock offs and some of the older lumeniers don't stand up to 4s and eventually fail and overload the camera. (From what I've heard that problem has been sorted with lumenier) if it's not a 5v cam and can take up to 17v or about that then I would look at the quality of the camera. I just don't see anyway esc settings could in any way effect your camera.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:44:40 pm by NicholasDavid »

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 08:44:43 pm »
thanks man yeah I guess DL mode could create a voltage spike while breaking. Im waiting for a 12 volt fpv bec for the fpv gear and alo decided to order quanum v2 googles as I got Dizzy from using my own diy googles. thanks for the warning man, gonna use it still untill I know if I like it or not.

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 08:58:01 pm »
I've got two running immersion RC vtx' one a fatshark 600tvl(5v) and it goes through the fatshark balance lead power adapter for their systems custom wired so I don't have to plug anything but the flight pack in. The other is also running a immersion RC vtx with a hs1177 cam(5-22v I believe) so it's running stright off the vtx with no power filter. The third chopper I'm currently building is running the mini lumenier vtx with Race band and it's got 5v out to the cam(fatshark 5v). Video test so far has went fine.  so far no problem with the other two that run blheli 14.4 as far as braking goes. Now I do know the littlebees have more electrical noise than other escs on the market. And that might make noise or static in your fpv cam that a filter will cure. but that's the vtx and the escs interacting through a electric field. Maybe your VTx can't handle the voltage spike and is letting more than the proper voltage through to the cam.