Alex

Non-standard use of CC3D Atom
« on: February 27, 2016, 01:24:16 am »
Hello,

I am working on a project that needs a platform sensor to sense orientation and movement of a platform in three dimensional space.  I am working with two or more CC3D and/or CC3D-Atom boards each connected by its USB cable to a PC and hoping to use them to obtain acceleration and gyro data, and I was wondering if anyone would please tell me how to send USB requests to the CC3C and in return get back the calibrated accel/gyro data or even the raw sensor data though the USB.  This data is displayed in the LibrePilot program already, but I was looking for a way to input it to other programs, likely in a UAVOBJECT numerical format. 
Thanks in advance for any help,

Alex

@marc

• Ask me about LibrePilot2Go on Android.
Re: Non-standard use of CC3D Atom
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 11:46:21 am »
Hi,

LibrePilot uses the UAVTalk protocol, you can use it to read all sensor data from the board, and write settings via serial, usb, bluetooth: https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/UavTalk

--Marc

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 05:36:19 pm »
I, too have an application that just needs sensor data, though possibly the kalman-filtered orientation data as well.  Is there an approximate update rate for the maximum sensor data rate that UAV talk supports? 

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 12:15:59 am »
The KF is run at 500Hz on Revo class FC's.  There is no KF on CC3D.

Telemetry (including USB) update rates are configurable in ms although I haven't tried any really small values.

GCS System Page:  Click the Eyeball at the top of the page and select "show metadata".
Then each object will show it's metadata when expanded.
Most of them are already configured to send from FC to GCS on a timer so just changing Flight Telemetry Update Period will change the rate the GCS gets them.

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 03:50:54 am »
Thanks.  500Hz is pretty fast.