Lachan

Strange arming issue
« on: October 05, 2016, 01:03:58 am »
Sorry if I sort of repeat questions about an issue that is already described in multiple places but I didn't know where to add what I found.
To start with I'm new to the librepilot branch coming from Cleanflight and Betaflight. For my new build I planned to use a revo with betaflight. While multishot and flight characteristics are great I figured that none of the fancy features I use works with betaflight (GPS and programmable LED). I currently use the RC1 release with intention to use multishot but it does nothing compared to oneshot as it seems.

Now to the issue. When setting the props to spin at idle when arming the quad they accelerate slowly but surely with no throttle. In some threads this is said to be normal since the controller tries to stabilize it. Explanation sounds reasonable but the thing is that this behaviour depends on which switch I use for arming! If I use accessory 0 the motors accelerate but if I change arming switch to accessory 2 the motors spins at idle with no acceleration and no stabilizing if I wiggle it with no throttle. Does anyone have a logical explanation to this? There is a difference between the switches, accessory 0 goes from lowest to highest PPM and accessory 2 goes from middle to highest. This can however nor explain the difference to me....

Thanks,
Andreas

Re: Strange arming issue
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 11:39:45 pm »
First, I suggest manual ESC calibration as described in the wiki if you have not done it.

The slow spin up is normal and is more pronounced if the vehicle is not level.  That may be what you are seeing.  It spins up because it tries to make the vehicle level but it doesn't have enough power to lift the lower side yet.

Be careful !   You should take off immediately once you arm and start the motors.  Do not let it spin up or it will tip on takeoff.