Placement of FC in a frame.
« on: March 13, 2016, 09:09:28 am »
Hi all!
I, a total newbie. Building a Tarot Robocat 250h.
While waiting for some parts. I tried to move around and place som components on the frame. I did cross mersure between the motorchafts. To get the yawcenter. Checked where on the board the gyro/acc is located. But ofcoarse.. ::) If I place it in the correct position I have problem with fitting my rather bulky Turnigy i10 reciver. And if I want to use its telemetry sensor (i do want to..  :)) There is only one place to fit it. But will have to live with arkward cabelroutning. And I really not like untidy cabels.. Makes me wanna scream!  ;D
So.. My question really is. How much will the gyro/acc sensors readings affect flightperformance. When its placed off centre. And how much?
The frame is alredy rather high. So its already above roll and pitch centre with a cpl. Centimeters. 

Oh. The FC is revo mini. Will later attempt to add gps and telemetry.
A good landing is when you can walk away. A really good one. Is when you can use it again!

Re: Placement of FC in a frame.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 09:25:02 pm »
Got info that its not over critical.
Was worried that i wont have clean manouvers from the quad.

Well, if anyone wants to cheer on a noob build. I have a bild thread on RCGroups. Trying to keep it active. Someone will probably learn how not to do stuff. And learn to be patient and dont spent to much money.. lol
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2603682

Anyway.
Is it ont political correct to set up a thread here about my installation and set up of the mini revo?
Was thinking that might be better than spread questions all over the place? Trying to be active in relevant threads in rcgros too..

Cheers from Sweden!
Summer is approaching. Hopfully in a shortapproach!  ;D
A good landing is when you can walk away. A really good one. Is when you can use it again!

ernstock

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 09:56:24 pm »
Hi
I had similar enquiry in a thread titled " mounting cc3d forward of centre "  - some interesting responses.
I don't see any harm in putting all yr questions and discoveries in one thread , but it's not my forum !
Have had two driving tours of Sweden , think there must be many good flying places.
Regards from uk. 

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 11:44:35 pm »
Ty for your response!

I will find that thread.
There is plenty Of areas to fly in. And so far. Were not regulated as hobbists rc "drone" flyers.
Have visited UK plenty of times! Love London. But also have friends in Teford area and Edinburgh. Cant help visiting pubs whenever in UK. :)
If you have driven in Sweden. You might have passed a city with quite a few airplanes on poles. Along the highway. In that case. You know wich city I lives in. :)