Jeuke26

Re: Need help with Micro minimosd
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 05:30:13 pm »
I've had to reflash bootloader on a few of these, what a PITA, wound up making a connector out of some small stiff wire and hotglue to be able to make contacts on the pins...

Do you mean I somehow need to connect all the yellow circled pins together? When do I do this, just before or after the FTDI is connected? Then what?

Mateusz

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 05:45:20 pm »
Do you mean I somehow need to connect all the yellow circled pins together? When do I do this, just before or after the FTDI is connected? Then what?

This all yellow circled pads are for ISP programming. Bootloader is a small program that listens on TX/RX pads and allows programing through FTDI chip. But chip from manufacturer comes empty, you need to put something on it. Either a program or a bootloader. So this is what ISP port is used for, which allows you to program the chip directly.

You need to google for how to flash bootloader to minimosd with arduino. You can try first updating bootloader on it and then flashing firmware, as described before.
Minimosd is nothing else than small arduino. There are two ways to program it, via TX/RX if it has bootloader or via ISP port (which can be used to flash bootloader).

Jeuke26

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 08:14:51 am »
This gets all beyond my knowledge to be honest. I assumed when ordering the Micro OSD and the FTDI adapter from readytoflyquads I hook up everything and configure the OSD but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I do t know where you live, but could I sent the OSD and the FTDI adapter to you and you do your magic for me? The postal cost back to me I could pay you with PayPal.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2016, 09:36:56 am »
This gets all beyond my knowledge to be honest. I assumed when ordering the Micro OSD and the FTDI adapter from readytoflyquads I hook up everything and configure the OSD but that doesn't seem to be the case.

This one ?

Jeuke26

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2016, 12:28:17 pm »

This one ?

No, this one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/viewproduct.asp?idproduct=24779

The one on the site was out of stock at that moment. 

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2016, 01:10:04 pm »
And you do not have another FTDI for testing ?

Jeuke26

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2016, 01:43:03 pm »

Unfortunately not, I suppose the one from Hobbyking should work as well or do I approach this one different the the one from rtf quads site? What would you do?

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2016, 08:14:29 pm »

This one ?

works great, I have that one.

Jeuke26

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2016, 09:30:32 am »

I suspect the firmware in my micro OSD doesn't let it talk to the FTDI adapter so I ordered a. Ew one with supposedly the correct firmware installed. I'll keep you posted.