Revo + "PDB BEC + OSD thingie"?
« on: February 21, 2016, 02:05:12 am »
Yoo.

I recently got my hands on one of these. http://www.snhobbies.com/product_info.php?products_id=8315
Was wondering before I even start trying if I even should.
Would the revo minimosd fw work on the OSD on that board and could I feed it with telemetry from revo?

hwh

Re: Revo + "PDB BEC + OSD thingie"?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 02:50:56 am »
Someone who's tried it may know for sure but from what I can find on the web, it would probably work.   It says it contains a minimosd and pictures I found of the bottom look like the same chips plus a usb-serial chip.   I'd try hooking it up and following the instructions in the wiki and see what happens.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 03:34:56 am »
Ye just a tad confusing with only seeing Rx and Tx connection on that board but the guide pics shows so many cables. :P

I know nothing at all about OSD but I guess it just need common ground and not sure about the 5V, I will be feeding the revo 5V from the BEC on this board anyway so can the board be powered through the FlexiIO?(probably gonna use that since GPS is on main port)

hwh

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 04:04:38 am »
All three JST connectors +5v are tied together so you should be able to power it through any of them.  DTR you don't need because you'll be programming the OSD through the PDB USB connector.