xfce

Hi all,
    I have design a 100mW and 1W compatible OPLINK- oplink_kylin

schematic and gerber files as below
https://github.com/xfce/Oplink_Kylin

Mateusz

Re: oplink_kylin(based on OpLink, a 100mW and 1W compatible OPLINK)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 06:40:27 am »
That looks great! Do you have any prototypes ? Just an idea, an optional serial inverter both ways would be a nice addition in case if one would want to send telemetry to frsky and display/log it on Taranis. Current oplinks can only receive ppm.

Looking forward to first boards ;)

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 10:57:04 am »
Looking good :) I see you already have the prototype assembled. What software did you use to design the PCB (I'm guessing Altium)?

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 12:06:49 pm »
Shared OPlink schematics specify NC license.

There can be only
  • CC-BY-NC
  • CC-BY-NC-SA
  • CC-BY-NC-ND

OPlink hardware schematics seems to be released under CC-BY-NC (NC implies CC-BY-NC)

This is explained here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_license and https://creativecommons.org/licenses/
Attribution-NonCommercial CC BY-NC

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.

So I think it looks ok. However, schematics for OP GPS, Revo Nano are property of designer, and are under OpenPilot trade-mark, I think copying them is illegal. So it's ok with Oplink, but not ok with other OpenPilot hardware.

Revolution is released under CC-BY-NC-SA license, it's similar to OPlink license, but has additional SA restriction which means that license must be exactly the same.
OPlink has no SA, so license can be changed but only between licenses ranging from CC BY and CC BY-NC as in attached picture.

Of course I am not a lawyer, but this is what I understand from those links.

xfce

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 01:51:45 pm »
Shared OPlink schematics specify NC license.

There can be only
  • CC-BY-NC
  • CC-BY-NC-SA
  • CC-BY-NC-ND

OPlink hardware schematics seems to be released under CC-BY-NC (NC implies CC-BY-NC)

This is explained here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_license and https://creativecommons.org/licenses/
Attribution-NonCommercial CC BY-NC

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.

So I think it looks ok. However, schematics for OP GPS, Revo Nano are property of designer, and are under OpenPilot trade-mark, I think copying them is illegal. So it's ok with Oplink, but not ok with other OpenPilot hardware.

Revolution is released under CC-BY-NC-SA license, it's similar to OPlink license, but has additional SA restriction which means that license must be exactly the same.
OPlink has no SA, so license can be changed but only between licenses ranging from CC BY and CC BY-NC as in attached picture.

Of course I am not a lawyer, but this is what I understand from those links.

I only make this for fun, just want to share something,do you mean I should add some license? 
and now i am try to design a brush controller based on atom, size is 20*33mm, When test OK, I will also post them, maybe you can help me which license should add. thanks
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:56:29 pm by xfce »

Mateusz

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 03:19:24 pm »
I only make this for fun, just want to share something,do you mean I should add some license? 
and now i am try to design a brush controller based on atom, size is 20*33mm, When test OK, I will also post them, maybe you can help me which license should add. thanks

To be honest I am not 100% sure, but OPlink is based on pipExtream which had CC-BY-NC license, and also OPlink has the same license. So I guess one could put CC-BY-NC on OPLink based hardware, but again I am not sure what is correct.

Legally it seems correct to make derivatives of CC-BY-NC, so you're fine with OPLink, other hardware I don't know the licensing. Maybe someone drops in here and is able to give better suggestion :)

darkdave

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 09:51:32 am »
Im in contact with xfce in China. If any of you want these items shipped to you message me and I can arrange for it to happen either via Ebay or other means. I need to research more about the legalities of this.

David, Originally from Australia