Jeuke26

Imported UAV files don't overwrite the current.
« on: February 13, 2016, 04:38:51 pm »
I start a new topic because I'm wondering of in my other one. I'm trying to find an error in my freshly build quad by importing its settings on another CC3d quad to see if it is software, settings or hardware causing me the headaches.

When I connected the other CC3d I imported the UAV file from my "corrupted" quad and it started to download to the board, but when it's finished, nothing is the same on the new board, it's still like the old one, not flight modes, not the PID, nothing.

So how can I get this correct, I just want the full settings of the other board to be written exactly the same on the new board. Tried 2 times but I get other settings although the stored UAV is the correct one ( tried to import back on the old board and all was back the same ).

Thanks a lot.

P.s. I did hit the save button once importing was done but I'd didn't make a difference.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Imported UAV files don't overwrite the current.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 09:25:23 pm »
Is your config file using a Gimbal ?
Looks like there is an issue with CC3D if you try to import config file while the Gimbal module is not already enabled.

OP14.10, OP15.02 and LP15.09 are affected, not tried older releases.

Opened a Jira ticket for this issue:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/browse/LP-228

Jeuke26

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 10:13:00 pm »
Yes the confit file is with an enabled gimbal setting of the affected board.

Jeuke26

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 12:03:52 pm »
Is your config file using a Gimbal ?
Looks like there is an issue with CC3D if you try to import config file while the Gimbal module is not already enabled.

OP14.10, OP15.02 and LP15.09 are affected, not tried older releases.

Opened a Jira ticket for this issue:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/browse/LP-228

Also might add, referring to the other topic, that is is appearently too much for the CC3D to handle rolls and flips in whatever mode with the gimbal option enabled. Know issue?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 12:12:40 pm »
Not a know issue.
Thinking about that, can be related to how is powered the servo ?
Just an idea, with rapid changes the servo need more current and board reset due to a +5v falling ?
Do you record a video while crashing ?

Jeuke26

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 03:22:19 pm »
"Do you record a video while crashing ?"

You're a funny guy.  ;)

But you're right, a video says more than a few words. I might add that I did a test without props running to see if the gimbal works ok, doing fast pitch maneuvers, there was no problem. Could be true and I guess that is what happens that the board somehow resets in flight doing rolls AND keeping the gimbalservi active.
Of course, I could split the signal of and connect to the CC3d and take the 5volts of the PCb. What is the max current draw of the Cc3d? I have a very small servo current and voltage meter, the size of a coin I could place in between, just to know the figures.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:26:15 pm by Jeuke26 »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 03:36:19 pm »
Current limit depends on power source, maybe the bec from one Esc ?

There is no limitation from CC3D, +5v connected to Output connector go directly to servo.

I just ask for video because sometimes i know pilots that put a camera on their quad :)
Video (or sound) can determine if there is some motor sound that mean the board reset.

Jeuke26

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 04:18:31 pm »
The cC3d is powered by a 32mm PCB, not an ESC. It's this one:

http://m.banggood.com/CC3D-Flight-Controller-5V-12V-BEC-Output-Power-Distribution-Board-PCB-p-973352.html

The cc3d is powered by the 5v, the cam gets 12v and the video TX gets direct 4S input.

Edit: the PCB pulls max 2amps. Maybe not enough for the FC + cam + led light + gimbal servo.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 04:29:58 pm by Jeuke26 »